Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please, somebody could give me some sizes?

I just received my order from JBG and I checked each items. I want to be sure there are no mistakes.
But I am in doubt for these:
I receive a Detroit Locker 187SL-16C. It seem to be used with 3,93 and up. My order was for a 3,93 and down. I already have my ring and pinion 3,54.​
What are the difference between carrier, diameter of the ring, bolts?

Another thing, I ordered shocks for a levelling of 4". I want to know if they have the good size.
These are the lengths I have checked, collapsed and extended:
Doetsch 8248 front of front axle 15.30" / 2.8"
Doetsch 8146 rear of front axle 13.8" / 19.5"
Doetsch 8336 front of rear axle 17.5" / 22.8"​
These are good for my 4" lift?

I am living in Belgium, if these are wrong, I ll be :cry

In advance, thanks everybody.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Try www.4lo.com theres alot of calculators on that site that might help you...

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
dach said:
I just received my order from JBG and I checked each items. I want to be sure there are no mistakes.
I receive a Detroit Locker 187SL-16C. It seem to be used with 3,93 and up. My order was for a 3,93 and down. I already have my ring and pinion 3,54.​

Well, if you really did order the 3.93 and down locker, then that is fault of JBG, and they should cover cost of shipping both ways. I'd call them up and give them some attitude about it, is it really that hard to read a number off a box, and put a label on it and ship? No, so why did they screw your order up?

The one thing I hate is receiving broken, or wrong parts. And I have yet to pay for return shipping on something someone else screwed up.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Before badmouthing JBG, realize that dealing with foreign speakers can sometimes make communication difficult, I work with people in a couple different European countries and it can take a lot of effort to be sure everyone understands each other even if we all speak English.

If I were in your position, I would get hold of JBG, preferrably in writing and followed up by a phone call if necessary, describing the problem. I agree that they should make things right, on their dime, so give them a chance. I have found that having things in writing can help clear up confusion.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
dach said:
Nobody know the difference between a carrier 3,93 & down / 3,93 & up?
The difference is the mounting face distance for the ring gear on the carrier. IIRC, the 3.93 and up (numerically) carrier mounts the gear closer to the pinion. You may be able to use a thin gear set, but it would be better to get the right carrier. The terminology you should use to describe the break would be 3.93 and higher, or 3.75 or lower. Using 3.93 to describe both ranges could be confusing the issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know, It's fault of JBG.
My order was clear about reference.
Same think,
it is really that hard to read a number off a box
I just want to know the difference between both, cause if it's just a minor modification I could do it myself easily. Better than call them, send back to them, wait a long time again...
An other think, the shocks have the wrong length, not the same as their e-shop.

Maybe i'll call them tomorrow, if I feel better. :cry

I'm so fed up about my order, It is taken 3 month for send it to me.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
I didn't mean to directly badmouth JBG, as I've always had a good experience with them.

It just drives me nuts when people in inventory/shipping screw stuff up because its a friday, and they don't feel like taking the extra three seconds because they're pissed off to double check something before mailing it out. Happens way too often nowdays for it to just go unnoticed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are right but in business you must be accurate, and more when you sell for over the sea.
Now it'll cost a lot of money to send it back to US and send once more to Belgium.

I don't talk about my lost time...

Know I :cry

·
Currently FSB divorced
956 Posts
dach said:
Please, somebody could give me some sizes?

That locker is for the front axle D44 30 spline with 3.93 and numerically higher gearing. It won't work with 3.54. It sounds like their fault.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts