Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Using the search was great. Fixed my 4x4 and passenger window thanks to you guys. Figured the $$$ I saved was because of the site so I joined for a year.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't mind searching. But when a threat ends with no conclusion, or all the pictures just show up as little empty squares, it seems pointless.

·
Banned
38,725 Posts
Yeah, that happens when people use image hosting sites that go out of bidness, or that change their URL format without redirecting the old URLs. If it happens in a thread you need, AND you can't find another thread with relevant pics, post a reply IN THAT THREAD asking for fresh pics to be uploaded, or for the originals to be updated with current URLs. Don't start a new thread.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have tried searching....going to have to try an advanced search the word I was looking for is in many many posts....

·
Registered
448 Posts
As a Contributor on Classic Broncos, I can tell you that the whole point of this site and other sites like this, is ADVOCACY and LEARNING. PRESUMPTION is a sign of poor leadership; if you feel that a post or question is too "stupid", perhaps you should save the confrontational response and subsequent aggravation, and let someone who has the patience field that. We tend to forget that we were once that newbie too at some point; and we also forget about that individual who, even though they shook their head, still, at the very least, pointed us in the right direction, WITHOUT making us feel inferior. In short: if you can't answer a question without being a dick, then don't answer.

Present: '69 4.1L I6, Aussie 2V, Weber 38/38; Up next: CI Headers, Dual exhaust

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bumping this for all the newer ppl. Use the search and use it well before you start posting. Just about any problem or ?? you might have has been answered here multiple times already

And use the advanced search
I tried this and I don't get acceptable results.

For example, I am having problems with my ignition switch actuator on my 1996 Bronco. If I enter the words "ignition" "switch" "actuator" I get every post that contains one or more of those words. It is just a LOT easier to create a new post. That's why people do it.

So instead of just admonishing everyone to "use the search function" how about some better guidance on how to use the "adavanced search"?

Additionally, why is there a boxed automatically checked that says "also search in child forums" What the heck is a child forum?

Thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
I feel your pain!
I've never been able to get a good search within the forum using the built-in search function. As I've learned from other large IT companies (IBM), use our friend Google.com to search. Once you have Google open, enter what you are looking for. But after your search string, add the following " site:fullsizebronco.com" to filter the results to only resolve to this site. Using the Google Advanced Search adds many additional items that can be used to narrow down your results.

·
Registered
257 Posts
THIS HAPPENS BECAUSE THE SEARCH ENGINE IS A FAILURE

NOT ROBUST ENOUGH TO FIND SIMPLE TOPICS THAT I KNOW EXIST ON HERE LIKE :

DUST OR DUST LEAKS.... IF IT WOULD TRY TO FIND TOPICS OR USE BERNULIAN SEARCH

IT WOULD BE GOOD

BUT PEOPLE ASK BECAUSE TOOO MUCH INFORMATION AND NOT A GOOD WAY TO FIND DISCUSSIONS WITH ONLY A TOPIC and i would to use it

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,181 Posts
THIS HAPPENS BECAUSE THE SEARCH ENGINE IS A FAILURE

NOT ROBUST ENOUGH TO FIND SIMPLE TOPICS THAT I KNOW EXIST ON HERE LIKE :

DUST OR DUST LEAKS.... IF IT WOULD TRY TO FIND TOPICS OR USE BERNULIAN SEARCH

IT WOULD BE GOOD

BUT PEOPLE ASK BECAUSE TOOO MUCH INFORMATION AND NOT A GOOD WAY TO FIND DISCUSSIONS WITH ONLY A TOPIC and i would to use it
THEN USE GOOGLE TO SEARCH AS HAS BEEN EXPLAINED MULTIPLE TIMES IN THIS THREAD... YOU KNOW.... SINCE THE COMPANY IS FOUNDED ON IT'S POWERFUL ABILITY TO FIND STUFF AND YOU CAN EASILY GET RESULTS FOR EVERYTHING YOU NEED.

ALSO, CONSIDER GIVING YOUR CAPS LOCK BUTTON THE REST OF THE DAY OFF.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts