Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking to get another whole truck to do our plowing, but this Bronco just sits here and looks ugly, and gets about 5,000 miles a year so far. Issue is, the stupid 3" body lift. Should I remove this before installing a plow? This would just be for personal plowing with our cheap crappy plow blade. Has anyone plowed with a lift?

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
Body lift wouldn't make a difference.

·
Nvr Been Bnnd
8,675,444 Posts
title confused me, i thought we were gonna talk about somethin else.:toothless

·
Registered
816 Posts
The plows tied into the frame so the Body lift wont affect the plow at all. If anything it could help give better clearance for some nice meaty snow tires and chains.

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
Don't go too meaty on the tires. Tall skinny ones work best. Bronco's make awesome plow trucks, very manuverable.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I have a 93 with 6" lift and 35's, I rum a plow mount for a f-250 to help make up for the 6" lift and run stock tires in winter NO PROBLEMS...................Even have a plow on the Centurion

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Centurion came with a plow frame and wiring, but I don't want my baby to work for his dinner haha.

Thanks for the advice, I am going to get a much skinnier tire, and bigger rims for plowing. A lot of the plow rigs for sale are Broncos. I wonder if this piggy can limp through the the winter with this trans hee hee. Do you run LT's ?

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
Me? Hell I don't even follow my own advice. My plow rig is a '92 F-350 with add-a-leafs all around and 35x16 Boggers. It takes a good 2000lbs in the bed to make it act right on slick pavement, but it will drive through a 4 foot snow drift. Just don't let go of your thermos or it might roll out of the holes in the rockers haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts