Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
The Legend said:
Does anyone have a part # or any info for a set of nice and tight fitting plug wires for a 351W? The stock replacements are WAY too long and look like crap. I also need 90 degree plug boots and distributer boots. I've got the TFI distributor.
Most sets will have the 90 degree boots at the cap

Don't you want the 135 degree boots at the plug, like stock ? Smallblock Fords do much better with 135 degree boots at the plug.

Taylors are available for your specific application in PDF form here;

http://www.taylorvertex.com/PDFS/Page41-52.pdf

After you've found which type you want and which colour, go to Summit and plug that part number into their search area and away you go.

Are you sure the Ford Racing wires, available quite reasonably at the stealership, don't fit well ? Mine fit as well as my Taylors or better.

The deal I was offered at the stealership last time, I just couldn't pass up, as it worked out cheaper than the Taylor SpiroPros.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
689 Posts
i just got a universial ford racing set and cut them to length..they are sweet!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've done the custom cut to length ones but for some reason I always have a problem. I have the 135's on it now and that angle doesn't seam to want to work with my headers. I will probably end up with another do it yourself kit. I have heard of some 12mm wires out now. I may have a look at them. I didn't know Ford had some descent plug wires available. What year would I tell them?

·
Registered
689 Posts
summit has them or im sure you can check them out at fordracing .com

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
The Legend said:
I've done the custom cut to length ones but for some reason I always have a problem. I have the 135's on it now and that angle doesn't seam to want to work with my headers. I will probably end up with another do it yourself kit. I have heard of some 12mm wires out now. I may have a look at them. I didn't know Ford had some descent plug wires available. What year would I tell them?
My headers are pretty happy with 135s from Taylor

Even a small Ford stealership can order the Ford Racing wires for you, if they don't already have em' in stock.

Here's the Ford ones, in black, on my Lincoln (where I want them looking stock);

Thick enough for you ?

Sixlitre

1 - 8 of 8 Posts