481 - 500 of 533 Posts

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,702 Posts

1986 Bronco XLT 300
Albany, OR
$850

"1986 Bronco XLT 300-i6 4 speed project Runs rough, body is solid with minor rust, brakes are locked up. Comes with new fender and some extra parts. Has a clean title. $850 OBO"

Rough is an understatement, but a M/T 4.9L setup is probably desirable to many, either as a project or parts truck.

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
2,453 Posts

1986 Bronco XLT 300
Albany, OR
$850

"1986 Bronco XLT 300-i6 4 speed project Runs rough, body is solid with minor rust, brakes are locked up. Comes with new fender and some extra parts. Has a clean title. $850 OBO"

Rough is an understatement, but a M/T 4.9L setup is probably desirable to many, either as a project or parts truck.
He's probably selling it, because the sign behind the Bronco says Chevy parking only.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,848 Posts
Reactions: EMO42

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,802 Posts

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
2,453 Posts
See, now that's in my price range. I just need a trailer... and a place to park that Bronco.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Buy the slider windows, get the truck free!

That's an absolutely atrocious ad, though. No interior pics, no mileage listed, no punctuation to break up new vs ?? items, no indication of what needs work... It amazes me how little thought or effort people put into the presentation.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
312 Posts
Buy the slider windows, get the truck free!

That's an absolutely atrocious ad, though. No interior pics, no mileage listed, no punctuation to break up new vs ?? items, no indication of what needs work... It amazes me how little thought or effort people put into the presentation.
Tempting. It's a little spendy for just the sliders but now I'm wondering if it would make it back to Helena...

·
36,848 Posts
deleted by author. snooze ya loose.

·
36,848 Posts
Well... the good news is, stuff is still moving on craigslist. Found a set of tires for the "borrowed" F250 for $220. Called this morning and verified. Was getting ready to head down to Spokompton when I got a call from the guy, another dude showed up who had called over the weekend and he snapped 'em up. At least the guy called me back and saved me the 2 hours of fuel and disappointment.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I’m trying to sell my Ram on CL, I haven’t gotten a single real bite yet, lots of scammers wanting me to run a history report using their specific web page... none are Car Fax. Since I’m the second owner and my uncle bought it brand new and I have all documentation of service done on the rig, I feel any history report should be done and paid for by the buying party. What say all of you? Am I too old school and out of touch with reality?

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
312 Posts
I’m trying to sell my Ram on CL, I haven’t gotten a single real bite yet, lots of scammers wanting me to run a history report using their specific web page... none are Car Fax. Since I’m the second owner and my uncle bought it brand new and I have all documentation of service done on the rig, I feel any history report should be done and paid for by the buying party. What say all of you? Am I too old school and out of touch with reality?
Yes. Anyone wanting you to run a report is a scam. Tell them to show up in person and pay with cash. That's how CL and used car sales in general work. I usually won't even hold anything because I've had too many people not show. Anytime I post something I start getting scam emails and texts, a million "is this available?"s and then silence. Show up in person hand over cash and leave. If it's something smaller don't even let them know where you live. I've had weirdos come by my house and look at stuff while I wasn't there back when I had no storage so stuff was outside.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
It's a common scam. They're trying to get you to enter your CC info into a bogus history checker that sounds like it could maybe be CarFax to the uninformed.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yes. Anyone wanting you to run a report is a scam. Tell them to show up in person and pay with cash. That's how CL and used car sales in general work. I usually won't even hold anything because I've had too many people not show. Anytime I post something I start getting scam emails and texts, a million "is this available?"s and then silence. Show up in person hand over cash and leave. If it's something smaller don't even let them know where you live. I've had weirdos come by my house and look at stuff while I wasn't there back when I had no storage so stuff was outside.
Luckily the truck is 30 miles from where I live, in a locked storage facility, so when I do go to show it, they won’t be around where I live, or others for that matter.

I figured they were all scams, because they told me Car Fax was bogus... and when I told them it’s their duty to run a car history report not mine, they get mad at me

·
36,848 Posts
When I was selling my '90 FSB on CL, some jacked up tweeker came all the way out from the city, looked it over, twitched, spazm'd and said he was interested. I said, cash talks and BS walks. He gave me $200 down and I told him I'd hold it for a week. I did. Never saw or heard from him again. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. ;)

·
Registered
939 Posts
When I was selling my '90 FSB on CL, some jacked up tweeker came all the way out from the city, looked it over, twitched, spazm'd and said he was interested. I said, cash talks and BS walks. He gave me $200 down and I told him I'd hold it for a week. I did. Never saw or heard from him again. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. ;)
I was mostly ranting about how bad CL has gotten over the past couple of years.

·
36,848 Posts
I get it but don't kid yourself. craigslist has always attracted potential problems and every transaction with an unknown, unrated stranger should be handled with caution. I just thought that brush with scumbaggery was hilarious and an unexpected bonus.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I get it but don't kid yourself. craigslist has always attracted potential problems and every transaction with an unknown, unrated stranger should be handled with caution. I just thought that brush with scumbaggery was hilarious and an unexpected bonus.
Ohh no I get it, CL has always been bad... sold an XJ once on CL, I got all kinds of spam and harassing phone calls.... and that was 15 years ago... and yea your story is kinda funny... I would never pay someone 200 bucks then never call back...

481 - 500 of 533 Posts