Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

541 - 560 of 595 Posts

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,008 Posts
Awww. I hope he wasn't tryin' to pass off that bikini soft-top frame as a roll-bar to anyone. 😂
His ad describes it as a "topper cage", whatever that means.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
430 Posts
Well you don't get much more NW than this one in the lower 48. Someone go buy this so it stops tempting me. I don't have the money. If I did, I'd probably already own it and have hauled it to my cousin's yard that lives out there to put it together. It's probably a screaming deal on a low rust Washington rig, with sliders in the topper and a rebuilt engine if you have the ability to assemble it all.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,065 Posts
^ It would interesting to get the rest of the story on that, such as why the son isn't selling it himself, and what the huge pile of un-pictured parts looks like. I've got a neighbor wanting to get a Bronco, who loves doing the dirty work, so that could be an interesting candidate.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
430 Posts
Sigh...I wish I wasn't always broke...

Check this rig out. If I had money to spare, I'd be scheming on how to get it. I'm guessing they cut the back off a Bronco II, but maybe they started with a Ranger. Either way I much prefer the small windows and removable top to how Bronco IIs actually look. And it has a pretty nice setup with the wheels, brush guard, spare tire and gas can carriers, and front receiver.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,008 Posts
79 Bronco being parted out. Says he's keeping the axles, but everything else that's left on it is game.

I'm not sure what it is, but every time I see one of these with a sun roof in it I let out an audible "Uuuuck". We have enough water intrusion to fend off on these old rigs as it is.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
430 Posts
79 Bronco being parted out. Says he's keeping the axles, but everything else that's left on it is game.

I'm not sure what it is, but every time I see one of these with a sun roof in it I let out an audible "Uuuuck". We have enough water intrusion to fend off on these old rigs as it is.
Are you saying you're going to make the drive and pick up parts? ;) I messaged on it already without an answer, but since I mostly just want little stuff I don't think it will be worth the drive from home for me.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
No, there's nothing I really need. Not that I can think of anyway. If it was in my town or in one of my local yards, I'd take a look just to take a look. Speaking of that, if the weather is nice enough next week, I'll have to do a walk through of my local yards. I haven't been to any in a while, there might be something "new" for me to look at.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
430 Posts
Oh man! I looked at this rig in Montana last year. They were asking $5k. It looks like the next owner adding a soft top, half a carpet kit and doing some basic maintenance adds a lot to the price...

Oh, and they glued the O back onto the hood.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I remember that one. That was the one you wanted the sliders off of. I guess you missed out on making 13k. Your loss. lol

Does that license plate say "Yehaw"?

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
430 Posts
I remember that one. That was the one you wanted the sliders off of. I guess you missed out on making 13k. Your loss. lol

Does that license plate say "Yehaw"?
Yeah, that's the one. I recognize the eagle window sticker and the swapped in 300. It drove nice, but was quite a bit rougher than mine. I didn't think I could sell it for $4500 and break even on the sliders. Also, it had a hole in the roof of the top that was about dime sized and sealed up by silicone goop. He could sell it for more back east, but even there I don't think it'd go for that much. As for the license plate...I can't explain what you Idaho folks do. ;)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yeah, that's the one. I recognize the eagle window sticker and the swapped in 300. It drove nice, but was quite a bit rougher than mine. I didn't think I could sell it for $4500 and break even on the sliders. Also, it had a hole in the roof of the top that was about dime sized and sealed up by silicone goop. He could sell it for more back east, but even there I don't think it'd go for that much. As for the license plate...I can't explain what you Idaho folks do. ;)
I recognized the 300 as well. If he gets 18.5k, good for him. That means mine will be worth more than I think it is if I ever decided to sell it. I think he's selling it on the wrong coast trying to get that kind of money though. There's too much "rust free" going on in the states around him for him to get a premium price. Keeps making me wonder if I got a smoking deal on mine ($700 turd) or if everyone else is just smoking. lol.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

those rust free quarter panels and tub make me feel some kind of way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Snooze ya lose.

These two are still sitting where they are in this pic that I took a couple years ago. Probably wouldn't be worth it to start over from scratch though.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
You know what's funny about that pic, though. When I stopped and asked the owner about the Bronco, I mentioned that I knew it had been sitting there for years (as I passed it all the time taking my kids to school), which he denied. If you're a stalker like me and look this street up on google maps, the last time it was updated was 2012 and that Bronco is sitting in the same spot with the same flat tire. lol. I knew it wasn't going anywhere when I talked to him.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You know what's funny about that pic, though. When I stopped and asked the owner about the Bronco, I mentioned that I knew it had been sitting there for years (as I passed it all the time taking my kids to school), which he denied. If you're a stalker like me and look this street up on google maps, the last time it was updated was 2012 and that Bronco is sitting in the same spot with the same flat tire. lol. I knew it wasn't going anywhere when I talked to him.
"its a project, i'll get to it eventually"

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,044 Posts
"its a project, i'll get to it eventually"

I got several “projects” a couple of them went to the scrap yard 😂

·
Registered
285 Posts
Here in western WA, for about the last year it seems like Bronco prices on CL have been entirely in the "Are you smoking crack?" range.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,806 Posts
Well... it is the West side, so... ;)

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,806 Posts
Ran across this rig listed in Spokane. Says 73,000 miles on a '90 EB for $3k... but few details indicate owned by ignorant.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I recognized the 300 as well. If he gets 18.5k, good for him. That means mine will be worth more than I think it is if I ever decided to sell it. I think he's selling it on the wrong coast trying to get that kind of money though. There's too much "rust free" going on in the states around him for him to get a premium price. Keeps making me wonder if I got a smoking deal on mine ($700 turd) or if everyone else is just smoking. lol.
Everyone else is smoking, compliments of the "free and easy money" being thrown around today.
The hang over is going to be a doozy....

541 - 560 of 595 Posts