Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

561 - 580 of 595 Posts

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,068 Posts
Everyone else is smoking, compliments of the "free and easy money" being thrown around today.
The hang over is going to be a doozy....
That or these are actually the new baseline prices.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Who knows how this plays out, but as an old guy it seems much more unreasonable than run ups in the past.
Perhaps this is the beginning of an inflationary run where a $1000 at today's exorbitant price is nothing 18 months out because everything else is moving that direction too.

It also seems that in today's world people seem to think that because they put X amount of dollars into something that it equates as being worth that much more than if they hadn't of spent the extra dollars on it.
Expectations are askew and not necessarily in tune with reality.
Seattle area Craigslist has a lot of FSBs flirting with the 10k mark even though most are 5 or 6k rigs. Several of them have been for sale for years at those prices.
Serious seller?? or dope smoker?? (the song: "why do you think they call it dope" comes to mind) or maybe they bought and heaven forbid, financed it and now looking to sell with a high bank note payoff...good luck on that....

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Look at the explosion in value of sports memorabilia...going the same way as the housing market. With populations increasing basically exponentially everywhere, and markets like China suddenly having huge disposable income bases, there are more buyers than ever before for all sorts of stuff. IMO, that's what's driving these big price spikes in a lot of cases. And if I'm right, corrections will be subtle, not crashes.

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,015 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,819 Posts
I have a spare C6 in the '79 parts rig. Hmmm... 56k miles? How do you blow a trans out in 56k miles on a stock lookin' rig, much less a C6? My old '89 had AOD. Interior looks fine. Appears well used but not abused... in pics. Has another Bronco to work on... doesn't need two but still looking to possibly trade for another project. Interesting.

Reactions: cwegga

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,015 Posts
It's all smoke and mirrors maaaaaaaan.

·
37,819 Posts
$5k?!? If I put all that time, money and effort in less than visual items, you can bet your ass they'd all have a picture, at least.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
$5k?!? If I put all that time, money and effort in less than visual items, you can bet your ass they'd all have a picture, at least.
Yeah, if I ever sold mine it would be an under hood shot, shots from underneath, and then one of the outside from half a mile away. Lol.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I'm more offended by their punctuation and grammar. Add that to the photo laziness and you've got a seller that has an uphill battle to gain trust.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
430 Posts
They say "harder to find under 5k and so on" but if I wanted a project I'd pick up this one not their rusty, no confirmation of any actual new parts rig. 3.5k cheaper, already has the lift installed, less rust, and all you need to do is swap the drivetrain out of the included truck and into the Bronco.

Or even closer location to the original ad is this...https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/coeur-alene-1990-ford-bronco-eddie-bauer/7313672022.html Almost the same price, but better condition and same year.

·
37,819 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
430 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Too bad it is not closer. I'd love to have some rear sliders.

Reactions: cwegga

·
37,819 Posts
Can't remember if there was a significant difference keeping me from using those in my 5th gen. Anyone recall directly? I could snag the whole top and use the frame work for a clean, custom soft-top too.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Can't remember if there was a significant difference keeping me from using those in my 5th gen. Anyone recall directly? I could snag the whole top and use the frame work for a clean, custom soft-top too.
Not sure, but Broncograveyard lists the same window seals for the top from 80-96.

It was my understanding that 78/79 was it's own special deal and then 80-96 was different as far as side windows goes. The only difference I know of within the 80-96 range is regarding the rear window. Something to do with the angle or curve of the glass or something like that at some point within 80-96.

·
37,819 Posts
2nd gen is very different and I also recall some difference in the rear window curve somewhere in the 80's, not to mention some have the mounting stud differences too. The whole topper wouldn't work and could be a moving violation for removal of the 3rd brake light if you ran into a knowledgeable cop with a chip. Regardless, if the windows were compatible with my shell, as the gasket listing would suggest... I'll have to shoot that guy a note and see what he'll take. They look clean enough in the pic.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Even if they end up not fitting, if you can get them cheap enough you may be able to flip them for a profit or at least break even. I have to do that myself when I consider picking up parts I'm not sure about. "Would somebody else want this thing?" If not, then I usually don't risk the coin on the chance.

·
37,819 Posts
Well, he said his latest offer on the topper was $400. I think I paid $50 for the last set from a local JY but the lot lizard cut the gaskets to get the sliders out and that killed the whole deal, which is why I wanted to whole top this time.... mostly. I still paid for 'em but passed 'em on to @RicoBronco who was rebuilding his own sliders. Told the guy I'd give him $100, might go up to $150 but I doubt I'll hear back from him. Oh well.

561 - 580 of 595 Posts