Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Are You Coming?

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Place and time has been set

The 2008 pacific northwest meet and greet now has a home..

The 2008 broncofest at the kaner flats on july 12-13th

IF ANYONE HAS ANY MORE INFO ON THE PLACE AND TIME FOR PEOPLE PLEASE POST IT HERE! THIS IS THE THREAD FOR ALL INFO AND PEOPLE TO SAY IF THEY ARE COMING OR NOT!

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kaner flats is located in Naches WA from what I understand.. I would like more info myself LOL

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks crazed

is the kaner flats good for noobs to trails or is it more towards intermediate?

and is it recommend lift with 33's or can stock ride hight with 31's work alright?

just wanting to know to see what needs to be done before july LOL

·
Fullsize Member
4,167 Posts
i made it up to funny rocks on the trail w/ a stock 81 w/ 31's
great trails up there, they do get nice and tight in places

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm in :thumbup

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just a matter of getting there

Boy, I would love to go. I would have three options to get there. I could hop on the ferry that goes to Prince Rupert BC then drive the 1150 miles OR I could hop on the ferry and get off in Bellingham (3 day ride) then drive 235 Miles OR I could put the Bronco on a Barge catch a plane to Seattle, get a cab to the Barge lines and then drive 160 Miles to Naches.

The Bronco has 4.88 gears so the long freeway drive doesn't sound too fun. Does anyone know if I-90 is one of those 70 mile an hour roads? I doubt I can even go 70...I know I wouldn't want to.

Maybe I should see about borrowing a trailer, then towing the Bronco to Naches.

This would be a really neat trip for me to take my boy with me. Heh, and he can be my winch man :)

I'm going to seriously try to go. I would love to see some of these rigs and their owners in person.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I-5 is 65 all throughout northern WA till Olympia area when it hits 70, I-90 is 70 all the way through the passes almost.. lol

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yall have fun.

·
BeastfaB
1,114 Posts
Boy, I would love to go. I would have three options to get there. I could hop on the ferry that goes to Prince Rupert BC then drive the 1150 miles OR I could hop on the ferry and get off in Bellingham (3 day ride) then drive 235 Miles OR I could put the Bronco on a Barge catch a plane to Seattle, get a cab to the Barge lines and then drive 160 Miles to Naches.

The Bronco has 4.88 gears so the long freeway drive doesn't sound too fun. Does anyone know if I-90 is one of those 70 mile an hour roads? I doubt I can even go 70...I know I wouldn't want to.

Maybe I should see about borrowing a trailer, then towing the Bronco to Naches.

This would be a really neat trip for me to take my boy with me. Heh, and he can be my winch man :)

I'm going to seriously try to go. I would love to see some of these rigs and their owners in person.

If you do make the trip, you should try and hook up with Steve(seve) in B.C. on the way down. I'm pretty sure he is coming. :thumbup

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you do make the trip, you should try and hook up with Steve(seve) in B.C. on the way down. I'm pretty sure he is coming. :thumbup
I talked with my wife this morning and she's okay with it. Not going, but me going and bringing my 15 year old son.

So, as crazy as it sounds, I will ship the vehicle down on the Barge to Seattle. Then, my son and I can fly down and get the Bronco and drive the rest of the way. I loaded up my Streets & Trips and input that I would be driving like a Grandpa and didn't like Interstates. The program gave me an alternate route of 410 across to Naches. I looked at a DOT webcam and the 'highway' looks perfect for a country bumpkin like me :)

I'm in... :thumbup

·
Registered
762 Posts
410 will take another hour to get there though, but it is a nice drive, Either way you'll pass my house so let me know if you want to caravan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Excited Noob

Hey, I'm brand new to off roading, live in Spokane, WA.
Just bought a pretty stock 79 Bronco, strong motor but 31's, no lift, no winch etc. etc.
Wondering what exactly I can expect from Broncofest..
Or if I'd just be in the way.
Can't seem to find any real site with specifics!

1 - 20 of 131 Posts