Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
One Cold North Dakotan
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The location of them in my Zuk under the dash bothers me because they aren't pointed right. Treble is pretty directional, and that was one of the reasons I got these speakers was for the pivot capability.

Anyway, I called up customer support and told them that mine didn't want to pivot. The guy said he was familiar with these and said sometimes the "tolerances are tight" and he cautioned me to not break the tweeter post while trying to pivot the tweeter. I heard it creaking a bit, so I gave up. :doh0715:

I hope one of you guys out there has these, so you can assure me that it's doable. He said they're 360* pivotable too, not just on 2 axis.

Here's a link to them.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-IthTdCcepRN/p_107DB651/Polk-Audio-db651.html

·
OMG its almost a
1,367 Posts
They'll pivot. When they are made it leaves a small 'ridge' of plastic along the perimeter that sometimes catches. Just move them slowly and only with enough force to move them. Be sure to use your hands and not a tool to move them too, leverage is a killer on plastic!

·
One Cold North Dakotan
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I twisted a bit harder and the whole tweeter popped out (not in a bad way), and I just pushed it back in at an angle. Seems to help with clarity a bit, although I only did one side so far. Hopefully the grills fit, I haven't put them on yet.

·
One Cold North Dakotan
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Screwing around with these a bit more yesterday I found out that what I had done before was indeed the wrong way. I twisted so hard I broke the tweeter loose from the post which was held on by glue. Not a huge deal, they push back on and stay in place. I feel like an idiot for not even trying this, but the proper way to do it is to push on the silver ring, NOT twisting the black tweeter housing itself.

Being that my speakers are mounted near the floor in my Samurai, the pivoting greatly helps with sound quality. Words are much easier to understand and everything sounds much more crisp.. like a Polk should.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts