Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Which transmission do you want in the new Bronco?

• Manual

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Auto

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which transmission do you want in the new Bronco? Is the manual transmission finally dead?

For me personally, I'm buying manuals for as long as I can. I'm sure the auto transmission will make a fine vehicle, but I prefer manual when available.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I was always a manual trans guy, and still love them.

That said, the newer autos are really amazing. I went from a manual to an auto in our Ram diesel dually, and I wouldn't go back. The auto works perfectly, and is so much nicer to drive when towing, and much less work. Our Camaro has the new 10 speed auto, and it's amazing, even on the racetrack. Shifts way quicker and smoother than I could with a manual and lets me concentrate on everything else. The programming is nearly perfect... always in the right gear at the right time.

While I don't really care for the E4OD in our Bronco, I know it can be improved, but it's nothing at all like the new autos.

Given the improvements in transmissions, and the advantages of an auto for off-roading, I'm definitely voting auto...

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
843 Posts
If I were to have one, it would be a manual. Yes, the auto will work better every time. Apart from a C6, I don’t think I’m ready to trust an auto.... I know the auto will probably be just as reliable if not more.... but I have trust issues with fancy automatics....

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,359 Posts
I agree with @msmith , I would want the auto. I know manuals are more efficient and generally have less maintenance, but it sure is handy to drive with one foot on a daily basis.....

·
Registered
248 Posts
I’ve got both. My Z is a manual, my YJ a manual, my pickup an auto and my bronco an auto. If I were to buy a new Bronco I’d get a manual though.

Not likely though since my newest vehicle could vote last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ford suits will be out of their minds if they think launching the Bronco without a manual is okay. It will just give FCA more ammo.

·
FSM Lifetime
2,198 Posts
If I was buying a race car, a Challenger or a Mustang, I'd want a manual but I think for an off-roader and more of a DD an auto makes more sense.

In an ideal world, I'd have a manual hellcat challenger, an auto bronco, and then a gallardo for the weekends

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ford suits will be out of their minds if they think launching the Bronco without a manual is okay. It will just give FCA more ammo.
Has FCA disclosed what percentage of Wrangler are sold with a manual these days?

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
323 Posts
Auto. Never liked a manual but never owned one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,722 Posts
For the 2 door that I would want, manual.
However from the car makers side it is easier to meet emissions cycles with the auto. They have complete control of the drivetrain that way, vs the unknown driver input with the manual.

Another point is that if the manual is like the current MT-82 in the mustang, no thanks. Its 4k to get one that holds up to any kind of real abuse. I don't feel like they would stick a heavy duty enough manual in the Bronco, rather something barely enough for what ever the stock power level ends up being.

·
Registered
1 Posts
currently have a wrangler. had a bronco for 14 years. my wrangler is a stick, as is most vehicles we own. as soon as i found out the new bronco was going to come with a manual we started saving for the deposit lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts