Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, quick question. After doing some research on poly body mounts, I'm confused. Some sources say they install without the factory mount cages while others say to use the mount cages.

Is one correct?
Does this vary by manufacturer?
Does it really matter?

Justin

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they carry them, or is it an order item?

I'm looking because I am having an issue with my fan rubbing my fan shroud when I back up or turn sharp at slow speeds. Took a look, and my passengers front core support mount is pulled all the way through the frame and sitting on top of the bracket.

Figure if I'm repalcing those, I'm replacing them all.

Justin

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought the set from jbg when I did the 3" body lift. loved them ever since. They transmitt a bit more vibration than rubber but again im not driving a lincoln town car.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
Allright, quick question. After doing some research on poly body mounts, I'm confused. Some sources say they install without the factory mount cages while others say to use the mount cages.

Is one correct?
Does this vary by manufacturer?
Does it really matter?

Justin
What do you mean by "factory mount cages"? The new bushings are just the the round donuts, not the metal sleeves, for all positions except possibly the front radiator core support pair. I have a few pics of some Daystar poly's on my 84 Bronco. Put them on a few years ago and love'em, JSM84

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
factory mount cages, the stock mounting hardware, the washers with the mushroomed piece of pipe between it that the bolt goes through.

Are those reused?

Justin

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
factory mount cages, the stock mounting hardware, the washers with the mushroomed piece of pipe between it that the bolt goes through.

Are those reused?

Justin
YES. The upper and lower metal sleeves will need to be re-used, or you'll have to replace them if you end up cutting them apart or they're too rusty. The metal sleeve is a large flat washer (a tad bigger than the diameter of the bushing) molded to a tube that fits inside the bushing. The bolt holding the bushing in place goes inside thru the tube/sleeve. When you get the new bushings, you will see that the center hole is made to fit snug around the tube, so just running a naked bolt thru it will allow the bushing to move around. While the bushing won't slip out with a bolt thru it, it can wear quickly if it rubs on the edge of the frame bracket or mount.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Allright, awesome. So it's a by brand difference. :thumbup

I'll wind up going with the energy suspension ones then. That way if I have to cut the cups to get the mounts out, i can just cut the top off and reuse the bottom instead of HAVING to slavage the whole thing.

Thanks fellas.

Justin

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,957 Posts
take pics of the install. a write up may also be nice.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm pretty sure there's already a body mount writeup on here. Mine's also for a pickup, so it wouldn't be quite the same as for a bronco.

But yes, if I have my camera back from Canon by the time I do the mounts I'll take pictures and tell everyone all about it.

Justin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.