Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeep is driving, but it runs fairly crappy First of all, I was suprised how gutless it felt compared with what I expected, so I started with the usual tuning. Discovered that the 2barrel carb is drowning the right bank of the engine, just pissing it down. So there's the first bug. What makes a carb just drool down one venturi? I took it apart and didn't notice anything interesting so I'm kinda thinking carb swap. Yea? Wife's not ready to let me do the 4barrel/manifold thing yet [upcoming covert mission], so I need to do a cheap fix.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sounds like you may have a piece of trash in the needle seat. Carb rebuild really isn't that difficult or expensive. Kits are usually around $35.00 at Napa and can make a big difference in performance. It has been awhile since I have rebuilt any carbs and all my manuals are in storage right now. Hope to have them back out in a few weeks. Let me know what carb you have and I will see if I have anything that can help.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Sounds like slight float issues or the dirty seat, just not a real bad one and that set of cyl banks has more compression and thus more vacum to suck the extra fuel :shrug rebuild the carb and try again. also replace the fuel filter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts