Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Ford ever make Bronco's with posi? Every time i spin my wheels both of them spin do i have posi.

Thanks, Travis

·
Registered
547 Posts
That sticker on the drivers door jamb is a nifty thing. I dont know what year your Bronco is, but my 96 has an "H9" for the axle code. When I looked it up, all of the lettered codes had limited slip. the numbered codes were open. In my case it is a 3.55 limited slip.

the only thing I don't know is if the front axle is also a limited slip.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
metalsmith said:
the only thing I don't know is if the front axle is also a limited slip.
front limited slips are VERY rare.

as far as you having posi or not, check the door tag or diff tag. an open diff drives both wheels, provided both wheels are experiencing the same amount of traction (like driving straight down the freeway) when one wheel spins, the spider gears transfer power down the path of least resistance, which is why one tire spins. and just because you have a posi doesn't mean both wheels are going to spin together all the time. from my experiences, the factory posi especially, they don't really work when you're on a flexy trail or if one tire is way stuffed and is binding on your body.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My broncois a 96 I bought it in july with only 38,000 miles and well taken care of. I found the original sale paper and it said limmited slip and 3.55 gears. I had a 88 f250 and only one wheel would spin what is that called, if both wheels spinning are limited slip?

·
Registered
506 Posts
I hate the word posi. It reminds me of "noss"

·
Banned
38,678 Posts
The Ford name is Traction-Lok, or "TracLok". It's actually made by Eaton, and you can read about it on their site.

My post in this thread has a lot of info and interesting links.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts