Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my 460 efi on the market and got this email.Scam or no scam is this guy crazy?
Interested buyer wrote:
Hi,
I am a used cars dealer from Africa with clients all over Africa. I have offices in most African Cities. I have a client who's interested in your product. Although I'm ok with your price and Inrespect of payment i have a client in U.S.A who is owing me $=5,500. All i need to do to make payment easier andfaster is to instruct him to raise a cashier's check and mail to you on the address and name you want on the check and you know that you can cash it easily. But i would want to know if i can trust you to send my balance to me via Western union money transfer money transfer to enable me prepay the shipping company here so that they can instruct their office closer to you to come and pick the item from your location.
Please mail me asap to enable me arrange payment .
Awaiting your urgent response.
Thank you
Richard Winston
Tel:

:shrug :shrug :lolup

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
:stupid I wouldn't be that nice...Yes it's a scam....:beer

Dear Richard Winston,
I have a client who likes to see inanimate objects rectaly inserted. All you need to do to make this happen is take that check and shove it up your ass!:toothless
Sincerely,
Not an idiot!

·
Only the Bronco
978 Posts
Don't take the bait, yes it's a scam and a few people have been burnt by it already, they send you a fake, certified cheque, you get a record from it because it is suppose to be a stolen cheque, and they get their product...... :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HEHEHEHHHHHHEHE Should i give him a little bit of this :goodfinge , this :lowblow or :twak that.I think it would've been a little more "conning"(SP) if he didn't mention living in Africa.Here's to the Africa sells person :stupid .Thanks for your input :thumbup

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
IIRC, pony-boy went thru something like this... well, I know someone in WA state has. They received the check, called his bank about i, the bank said it was, indeed, a phony, and he called FBI about it. That's what I would do about it, and should have done about the ebay scam I received awhile ago - forward your email to the FBI

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive never done anything like this before but how the hell do you forward an email to the FBI.THat sounds pretty cool :p

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank ya much :kiss :rockon :hump :thumbup

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
link no workyyy

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I had the same type of thing happen to me back when it was a new scam, i got the check for like 4500 and they bank looked at the "certified check" and said it was a good check. I called my local AG and they said its a scam dont send the extra back. SO i waited for 3 weeks to send the extra back and sure as shit the check came back countierfit.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
First email

HELLO,
AM AN EXPORTER AND IMPORTER OF USED CAR PARTS LOCATED IN WESTAFRICA.AM
INTERESTED IN BUYING YOUR PARTS(ford 9") LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN SHIP TO WEST
AFRICA AND IF NOT I WILL MAKE
ARRANGEMENT WITH MY SHIPPING AGENCY IN THE STATES.LET ME KNOW THE EXACTN
CONDITION WHICH THE PARTS IS AND THE EXACT PRICE OF AND I GIVE YOU AN OFFER.TO
LET YOU KNOW MY MODE OF PAYMENT WILL BE BY A CASHIER'SCHECK,IF THIS IS OK WITH
YOU REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE ASAP.THANKS AND HEAR
FROM YOU SOON.

second one

Thanks for your quick respond and the price of the two are ok with me which will
equal to $800.I will make arrangement for the shipment myself.Now,i will contact
a customer of mine in the state who will be issuing the check in us fund but to
let you know the check has $4650 on it and i will like you to send back the
balance to me via Money Gram so i can make some deposit with my shipping agency
to come and pick the ford 9" in your place.If you 're ok with this,i will like
you to send me, The Exact name you want on the check,Your address where the
check should be sent to and your contact phone #.Looking forward to hear from
you.Thanks

phuckin assholes :mad:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I never sent the guy his extra back cuz the package was from nigeria also. and not texas where the fawker said it was coming from. And BTW no i didnt get an extra 4 grand in my bank account because when the check came back fake they took it all out. :mad:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts