Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im posting this here because the guys at bestbuy have no idea whats going on. I have a set of high end door and rear speakers in the BKO, when I have just the door speakers playing directly off the the HU they sound like crap because there isnt enough power going to them but there is no interfearance sound. I hooked up an amp to push the door and rear speakers and I get this whinning/whinding sound which the pitch and sound lvl increase when i rev up the engine. I have used 5 different grounds on both the amp and the HU and made sure the power wire and rca cable are ran on different sides of the vehicle. The dudes at best buy said they think its some sort of noise coming from the ALT and it needs to be replaced, any ideas?

·
crank trigger
8,151 Posts
do some searches on here about the audio and alternator issues. ususally, you will see recommendations to make sure your grounds are really good.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Check your grounds, as has been mentioned, and maybe put a power filter on the line for the head unit and the amp. Is your power coming direct from the battery?

·
Banned
443 Posts
I had the same trubs.....

I installed a heavy cable btwn the altenator and the first grd that the battery is hooked to.....very easy thing to do....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, the power is coming directly from the battery. I have tried several different ground positions for both the amp and the head unit

·
Registered
759 Posts
i always recommned grabing a high capacity capacitor you can get them at wal mart in the car audio section schoche makes them get one any one who has a amp in there vehicle should have one helps save your battery and alternator.....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I have searched and read several articles and was wondering about this: I read that the alternator ground is connected to the vehicle chassis, if THAT ground is somewhat bad/corroded could that then interfere with any other types of ground that I try to connect to the chassis? Im thinking no because I dont have any electrical issues and I have 2 mechanical gauges connected to the chassis for ground and they work fine. Almost every post I read they say "make sure your power wire and rca's are not close". Whats odd is I had another stereo system connected in the BKO that was more powerfull and I had the exact same issue so I tore it all out, out of frustration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.