Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i get my 393 all buttoned up and get a set of 4.56 gears. I fear that my 8.8 with give out on my shortly after. I wouldnt mind doing an axle swap for something stronger but dont want to go to a one ton bc then i have to find a a d60. And around here they cheapest is usually 1000. So i guess the question is what are my options on making my 8.8 stronger. Or maybe i could pick up a 9" and build it to swap it in. I know its easier to find aftermarket parts for the 9.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
it all comes down to what your willing to spend.... You could built an insanly upgraded 9", 35 spline FF etcc... but is it worth all the money for axles shafts, upgrades etc?

You could go 10.25 rear, and just change the outters on the front to matching 8 lug, but then new wheels are needed....

At the same time, you COULD just go light on the skinny pedal, but what do i know?:toothless

·
Service before Self
2,229 Posts
:stupid

Why would you have to get a D60 right away? Do the chevy 8 lug outter conversion.

You can run 1982 K-20 spindles, rotors, caliper brackets and viola you have a 8 lug up front. Here is the link for my 8 Lug swap

Then you just have to be a smart shopper. I found 4 brand new 16x9 8 Lug wheels and new tires and sold my old stuff and actually made money on the swap.

Also swapped in a 10.25 with disc conversion already done...

sam

·
Registered
11,042 Posts
You're going to blow your shit up all the time. :doh0715:

Start searching for one tons. Bluebeast blew his chit up all the time with his 393, and his fix for the constant broken parts was one tons and a one ton driveline. I asked him about it way before I'd even considered doing my 393, and that's why I chose to do my d60/10.25 swap first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.