Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the tailpipe from a Hemi Ram. I got one from a co-worker yesterday afternoon since he went with duals. It's a nice stainless piece. His has the resonator on it so I'll probably have to cut it out but it looks like it will be a fairly simple install that should work out location wise to be right inline with the stock muffler outlet. I'm installing a 3" inlet/outlet muffler from Advance so it should be a breeze.:shocked

Once I get back from turkey hunting, I'll have to tinker with it.:rockon :chili:

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Sounds like a cool setup, let us know how it works out

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally got around to finishing it up.

Parts:
Dodge Ram Hemi exhaust tailpipe (mine had the resonator which I ended up cutting off)
(1) 3" in/out turbo style muffler from Advance $25
(1) 3" coupling $3
(1) 3" exhaust clamp $2
(2) pivoting exhasut hangers $12
3" tailpiece of a Bassain Y-pipe

I had to cut ~3" length off the 3" pipe on the Bassani to fit the muffler and have enough wiggle room for the tailpipe section. I also cut the resonator out of the Dodge tailpipe to have more room to work. I then used a 3" coupling to allow rotation of the exhaust tip to make it tight to the body. All in all, it was actually a pretty simple job. It has a nice low rumble at idle that mellows out once you start driving.:thumbup

Supermotors Link

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts

Looks good. If I knew I wouldn't rip it off again I'd be tempted to put a tailpipe on my truck

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,295 Posts
So I posted on craigslist asking for a Dodge Hemi Quadcab stock exhaust. A guy responded back with a Dakota R/T exhaust. He says it's 3" mandrel bent, too. Of course, I have no idea if the legth and bends will work. Anyone have a clue?

Tommy

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
I dunno, I used a 3-inch Walker tailpipe for a 1994-5 K1500 Chevy pickup. Looks like the factory pipe on my rig. :thumbup Picked it up @ Summit Racing in Akron for $50 IIRC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts