Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is an email from [email protected] legitimate?

The email states that ebay is having a problem with the billing information of my account, and asks that I fill out the proper information to keep me as an ebay member

I just checked my registration information, and everything checks out ok. The URL for the "ebay billing center" link is LONG, and suspicious - http://www.ebay.com:tkbm6Yjkimgd234dgdfhfnbjghuiiqrfgfdhgjgtWdfdbhjiuEbnkuod5fEtnuo3243h*@211.56.245.66:7301/

I got this email twice today, 4 minutes shy of being 6hrs apart, that's why I'm believing someone is trying to con me into giving up information about me

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
I would definitely stay away from that!!:shocked

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
:stupid I seem to remember reading that they'll never do that and if you ever get something like that it's a scam...I think they even have a place to report it...

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Thats why I said it the way I did...it used to be there, but they've changed the site quite a bit since I first joined up...:shrug

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
i looked to help y'all out, but was unable to find a scam reporting link.

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
good find joe! i think i looked right over that one!

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
I got a similar email saying my account info needed to be updated on ebay. so I went there directly to www.ebay.com. not the link listed. my info was correct. I forwarded the emial to someone @ ebay and they said in deed this is a scam. They will never ask for your account info in a email.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Thanx for the heads up, Dave....You can report them to E-Bay and have them removed......:shrug :shrug :shrug

Good call...

Allcruisen :imp :usa

1 - 15 of 15 Posts