Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a 1985 351 bronco for sale $3900 (firm/cash) its auto and has 68*** miles and the pedals and steering wheel dont show a different number.
its rhino lined camo paint on the whole exterior while the inside is bare metal(rust spots behid the rear seat.(only surface rust)
its at stock height with only a grille guard bolted on.
here are some picturesof the Bronco

plz chime in as to wether it is worth further examination
(ps im only 16 and its within my price range and i think its a good possible choice)

thnx

eric

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh yea that on my list. but now to convince the mother figure that i "need" a big truck like this lol. my paps is all go cept he was like well get a job son or it aint goin anywhere cuz the tank is gonna be empty heh.

just curious about how many mile do yal get to the tank with a 351?while street driving and while off roading(such as mud(on the gas) and trails)

what would yal suggest thats positive and encouraging to persuade my mom to allow it.

and insurance what do yal pay monthly/ or whatever ur payment plan is.

thnx

eric

·
Registered
463 Posts
looks good :thumbup. 1st stop, liftsville. thats the only thing missing. thats extremely low miles for a 85. id try to check in to that since theres no 100,000ths place on the odometer.

:deal <---Jon Fontana

·
Registered
463 Posts
m insurance at ur age was 2 grand a year i think. tell your mom to picture this truck & a camry getin tangled up. then ask which car would she rather you be in.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice Truck.Gas Milege HMMMM
ok picture this....everytime you floor it ,its like throwing a 5 dollar bill out the window... buts its worth it. if the truck has low miles and is in good running shape its a good deal,ther are later models out there that are good deals too. I just bought a 95 with 96,000 miles for $4500.
work hard youll get a truck 2 high

·
Registered
463 Posts
you realy think its too expensive? if the miles are correct, id say its ok. i stole my 95 for $3200 but it had 250,000 miles at the time. ... but then agin, it is a 95 & ... ive lost myself.:uhoh3

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
i have a 351 i get about 11-12 MPG i belive. cool truck though but rust will be a bitch. i convinced my parents to get my bronco by telling them how safe it is compared to other cars like SNIBB said:thumbup happy huntin'

·
Super Moderator
24,667 Posts
yo,
I agree with comparing it to a no air bag cavilier or aries pos.
Besides the usual visual, driveability and leak checks, look for:
- oil pan rust -
- radiator plastic side seam leaks esp. during engine cool-down period/overnight (but mostly on later years)
- auto tranny and transfer case operation - electric push button motor/connector is a prob. area "
- auto hub operation (get it in sand or mud and try the 4x4 system)
- rust in inner rear fender lips and bottom of tailgate (our fender lips was rusting due to beach sand wearing the paint)
- radius arm bushing deterioration
- cracked exhaust manifold/y etc.
- roof/gutter area cracks
- a lot of whitish stuff on oil dipstick (that's a bad thAng)

As everyone above wrote, mileage will eat up a lot of cash. It is not a cheap vehicle to run as compared to the passenger cars.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
too expensive. i dont care what miles it has, you are a kid (as am i) you arent a collector, its not stock (and its going to get less stock). And 18 year old truck is an 18 year old truck. Shit is still gonna break. Get one for half that, then youll have more money for gas, fixing stuff, and of course, mods.

camo is nice, but you can do it yourself for 40 bucks and a crap load of krylon.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
that one looks like its through a dealer. you could probably find one cheaper from a private seller. like the guys said. that price was a little high. just remember not to blow all your money on the truck, your gonna need a few bucks, cause no matter what year you buy, its gonna need a few things. they all do.
as for mom, show her pics of hondas wrecked at 30 mph. then show her pics of broncos at 30mph.
i think mel tagged a honda, she might have pics.
scratches on the truck, totaled honda.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hell, that thing is just down the road from where I live when I looked at the dealer's address. May have to go look at it myself. I'd say the price is just fine if the truck looks the way it is described. Nice 80-86s are hard to find these days and I'd say a nice one is worth the price. Gas Mileage was the other question....with a 351 and a C6 your mileage won't be all that much, so I hope you don't drive all that much or at least you have a decent job.

·
Registered
95 Posts
:banghead 8 MPG :shocked

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey ya thats a sweet truck with a some cool paint. But you can do it yourself if you like it so dont let that attract you. I see so many broncos go on ebay from Texas for good prices. I think you should wait around for a newer one....unless you are set out for an older one. My parents bought me mine last year when i was 17, they wouldnt let me get one with out and airbag though.
-david

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I'm glad I wasn't the only one thought that was high...the first couple of posts had me thinking I was dilirious...:drinkbud
I paid 3200 for a '94 model...:shrug

(I took the bumper off to run bigger tires since I had custom bumpers ordered allready anyway):thumbup
I'd keep looking:beer

·
Registered
469 Posts
You need to wait and get a better deal. Camo paint is no reason to overpay for a vehicle. It may not matter to you if your parents are buying it, but its still overpriced regardless of mileage. What you need is a 78-79 Bronco. :thumbup These rigs are easy to work on, you can bang em up if you want and they're fun to drive. Besides, you can find one that runs good for next to nothing!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts