Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm waiting to hear back from my brother about an axle out of a 79 bronco he has. It's at a buddy's house, well hopefully! Needs work.......but I have ALL winter to do it and tear into it and get dirty. What better way for me to learn? :D
And yes I do have help and guideness should I need it. :beer :D

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do wheel it......not as hard as you or a lot of the others here, mainly because it's my ONLY vehicle right now. Next spring I'll be getting another car or cherokee as a daily driver, so than yes I will be able to wheel more than. :D And no I dont have larger tires YET. :D

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
I was just asking if it was worth the hassle for you .. that's all

if you want it .. TAKE IT!

.......... that's what I used to say before I had my hearing for the sexual harrassment charges :shrug

:lolup

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
i am just giving my thought. she makes it clear she is really finaically hard at some times, and every buck counts..,... i dont think i could wheel my shit if that was that big of an issue due to repair costs.....
i would give this hell to anyone who hardly wheels, and is always posting about money hardships..... im not trying to say shes a bad person cuase shes broke, as she has way mor eimporant things than a bronco around....

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is something I want to do. I ahve my friend who is willing to help me along, but he says that I'M doing all the work, he'll guide where and when needed. :D
This truck is going to end up a trail rig.....and a SAS wont even go in until next spring/summer. I want the challenge that I can do this myself and feel good about it!! :beer

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Zach I know what your talking about. Yes it got a bit hard around here. But I've been working my ass off 7 days a week for over a month now with no end in sight. As I mentioned this will be going on over the ENTIRE winter. I'm in no rush. And the front end isn' costing me anything as my brother was going to scrap it anyway. I do have MY pryorities.......family and home first than the bronco that's why it might take a YEAR to do this.....

·
Registered
245 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only a women who owns and wheels a Bronco but now she's doing major wrenching on it too.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Major Extra Points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:chili: :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili:

T

·
0 Posts
I think it's great, if you want to do it, and can afford it, well then do it.

Whether you need it or not, doesn't matter, you are trying to become better prepared for whatever comes your way. That only makes sense.

I didn't "need" a 53 gallon fuel tank, nor did I "need" rear disc brakes, but I wanted them, and I have had a lot of fun doing it.

Why not, go for it!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts