Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 eb with aod tranny. I notice when I punch the gas I get like a .5-1 sec sorta lull in 1st gear then it pics back up. I took it to a local shop and he said I have a minor slip in the tranny and to be honest I dont like the word slip when it comes to trannys. The tranny is the original one, about 7 yrs ago it caught fire, its been rebuilt 2 times since the fire. I do some minor wheelin but im concerned about towing...Im about to start my own concrete buisness where I will be towing a trailor about 3300lbs daily. How worried should I be and should I get this rebuild or replaced?

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
i'd be willing to bet you have an E4OD. is there a button on the end of the shift stalk for "OD Off"? if there is you have an E4OD, if you have to move the shifter to get out of Overdrive, then you have an AOD.

as far as the E4OD, which it sounds like since you have rebuilt it twice, i would change fluid/filter, put in an auxilary filter (search for sixlitre/trans filter, etc) and put in biggest ****ing trans cooler you can find, especially since you're going to be towing with it.

if it dies again, then it's gonna die. if you have it rebuilt again, then make sure the shop does all the necesary upgrades, in other words, make it bulletproof. these are good HD trannies when they run well.

your other option is to drop in a manual. Good luck.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
If you have a 1993 Eddie Bauer you have a E4OD. (Trust Me)

Before you go replacing the transmission i would definitely have all the sensors checked. An MLPS sensor can cause a slip like feeling. There are a handful of sensors that tell the E4OD when to shift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts