Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am thinking about leaving Oregon within the next few weeks to months and moving to Idaho. I’m wondering if the whole state has emissions testing, or is it done by county. Secondly how strict are the emissions in Idaho?

My 89 has all the emissions parts removed, so I’m wondering what I will have to replace to get it to meet emissions standards or if I even need to worry about it.

BTW my Bronco is a 1989 EB with a 1993 5.0 out of a F-150.

·
Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,527 Posts
It's done by county. Not all counties do testing. There isn't any where I live in southern Idaho. I'm pretty sure they do in the Boise area though.

·
Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,527 Posts
I'm in Twin Falls. I know twin falls county and Jerome county (north side of the canyon here) don't have emissions testing. I'm about a 2 hour drive (120 miles) from Boise, depending on how you drive and if you make any stops, for reference.

Not sure where the VA is, but my father used to drive from here to the base in mountain home for all his medical needs. Mountain home is a little more than halfway to Boise from here.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in Twin Falls. I know twin falls county and Jerome county (north side of the canyon here) don't have emissions testing. I'm about a 2 hour drive (120 miles) from Boise, depending on how you drive and if you make any stops, for reference.

Not sure where the VA is, but my father used to drive from here to the base in mountain home for all his medical needs. Mountain home is a little more than halfway to Boise from here.
My doctor is in the Boise VA hospital which is a few blocks from the Capital Building.

2 hours is about the same drive I already make. I’m wanting a little closer lol.

·
Premium Member
3,527 Posts
Well, drive about 45 minutes away from the VA hospital and call that place home. I don't know what to tell ya. lol.

I really think it's just the couple of counties around the Boise area that do it. Ada county and Canyon county most likely.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,557 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,527 Posts
Well, I'd imagine the scenery will be a bit nicer up that way. Having grown up near Seattle, I miss the greenery compared to the high desert where I live. Good luck in your search for a new residence!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts