Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok theres a few problems i have with look8ing at this one... Its a 90 Bronco 351 Eddie Bauer edition. Its got either 119,000 or 219,000 i dunno, but here goes. Theres car cancer on the outside in a few places. Theres pics below. Also if you can tell the picture below theres a sensor that makes it idle about 2200 RPM you unplug it and it idles back down to somewhat normal. The Transmission shifts ok, when its been driving a while. But reverse kinda jerks and bangs. I dunno if its just a u-joint or what. The heat really doesnt work, i told him he needs to fix that before i take it for my buyers inspection. The actual heat doesnt really register that hot and the inside is still COLD... See what else... The blower motor really doesnt blow that hard... i do remember seeing a mod for that in my many many months of research on this site before i made my mind up on wanting to get a Bronco... Well im hooked... But this one i dunno. They want 2500 for it now. i am going to try to get a buyers inspection either monday or tuesday. What do you guys think. Your the experts and im but a mere admirer. What would you guys pay for it... i know $50, 100 bucks... ive seen it alot... But seriously if they are asking 2500 what should i pay just from the things ive seen and pointed out so far...

Lets see about the pics here...

·
Registered
296 Posts
they want too much
800-1100 TOPS.

valve cover leaks, neglect, disconnected lines, rust, more rust, dents, dings. too much character.

I also notice spliced lines.

I would say,, 219,000 miles.

or a real ROUGH 119,000 .

·
Call an amberlamps!
1,349 Posts
For 90' that thing is beat to shit, 1000 but youd have better luck getting something thats in better condition (without cancer) for a little more

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
$1000 TOPS
Yep

they want too much
800-1100 TOPS.

valve cover leaks, neglect, disconnected lines, rust, more rust, dents, dings. too much character.

I also notice spliced lines.

I would say,, 219,000 miles.

or a real ROUGH 119,000 .
Hit the nail on the head. I was thinking the same thing. Whoever owns that was F'in around with some stuff under the hood. And it seems like ALOT of rust.

That things beat and waaaaay overpriced.. offer around a grand.. then keep looking
Yep

Did you check all the parts of the floor? Check them good. (IE press on them and shove/step but lightly.

I think the highest I would ever go on that thing is maybe 800-1100...and I still think you can find one in better shape than that thing is. :shocked and the RUST!!!

Sorry to run it down ( I know its not yours, but that thing has got some bad cancer )

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I'd pass on it entirely. The owners obviously didn't know what the heck was going on (based on the price they are asking) that means you can't have any idea what you are inheriting, and whatever that is doesn't look good.

Now, say you DO decide to take it. The heat is probably (hopefully?) simple. Check your thermostat to make sure that isn't the cause of the lack of heat. The other thing you mentioned was the blower motor was weak. It's very common to have the blower motor switch plug melt. The t-stat and plug were the first two things I did to my truck and it solved both problems right away.

·
Registered
204 Posts
wow they want $2500 for that?! i only paid $650 for mine, and it has rust, not quite as bad, but def in better shape then that one, way less miles. i think thats wayyyy overpriced

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I agree with others. That is way to much to pay!! With that rust and problems I would consider it a parts truck and nothing more. You could offer 500 buxs but you would probley be better off finding something in ALOT better shape. And IMO would be cheaper in the long run. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweetness fellas i think you all just gave me the courage to keep my nose in the air and find another one. I just got excited that this one was the real only one around for what i thought was a decent price till i went back to start REALLY looking over it. You guys are the greatest and hope to soon join the ranks of being a PROUD bronco owner. Again thanks abunch you probably saved my wife and I a huge headache not to mention our bank account. See ya around the boards... Looks like im in the market for a different bronco... oh my wife thanks you too...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Those guys are nuts!! I paid 300 for mine and it is rust free. The only problems with mine is the po drove it so fast the paint flew off the hood. and it had some custom body work on the drivers fender. other than that. It is a great truck for one with a 300 six in it. Oh and mine only has 148K on it and my interior is plain but also in that greaty shape. Not tears in any of the vinyl. Anyway your choice but I would pass all together.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I agree with others. That is way to much to pay!! With that rust and problems I would consider it a parts truck and nothing more. You could offer 500 buxs but you would probley be better off finding something in ALOT better shape. And IMO would be cheaper in the long run. Good luck.
My parts truck is in better shape than that. Minus interior that is

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd pass on it entirely. The owners obviously didn't know what the heck was going on (based on the price they are asking) that means you can't have any idea what you are inheriting, and whatever that is doesn't look good.

Now, say you DO decide to take it. The heat is probably (hopefully?) simple. Check your thermostat to make sure that isn't the cause of the lack of heat. The other thing you mentioned was the blower motor was weak. It's very common to have the blower motor switch plug melt. The t-stat and plug were the first two things I did to my truck and it solved both problems right away.

It sounds like the heat problem is the heater core... I bet that it was leaking and they by-passed it. Not fun to fix! :doh0715:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts