Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1801 - 1810 of 1810 Posts

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,882 Posts
Oh I know, I was kidding. When I see an all white bronco I always say that.
Oh, it's a joke. We've never heard that one before.

It gets tiresome. I hear it in reference to my 90, which is partially white. Imho the humor vs the loss was never funny. At the time I was disgusted by the people on overpasses cheering for OJ like he was running for a TD. Real people were killed. Real families lost their loved ones. I still see Fred Goldman's face when I hear OJ jokes.

I usually point out that OJ's bronco, the one that was impounded after the murders with blood in it, was a 93 & a different body style than mine. And that Bronco owners aren't fans of OJ's connection to our trucks. I think that the infamy related to that chase was part of why Ford dropped our beloved trucks from their lineup in less than 2 years. I'd like to see the whole OJ thing go away altogether.

And, on a truly stupid note, Ford was set to release the new Bronco on July 9th, until someone pointed out that OJ's birthday is July 9th. The new release date is July 13th.

My "white" 90

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,882 Posts
Well, those are some pretty old pics on 33s. In the rear is has some sort of add-a-leaf, which I wonder if that's part of some sort of towing package. I think up front the too stiff jy springs are from a pickup, but it's been a lot of years & several different springs along the way. You can see it carry the right front in the 1st pic.The 33s worked pretty well overall.

When it needed new tires I bought the 35s since I was planning a 4" lift. They are too big without the lift. Not bad on the flat street or highway, but a severe off-camber situation like pulling in a driveway at an angle (where's that sarcasm smiley?) will cause it to rub the front fender behind the tire.

A more recent pic on 35s

·
Registered
1995 Bronco XLT 5.8, manual transfer case, manual locking hubs.
23 Posts
I was the first one to arrive at the local “Cars and Coffee - Truck/SUV” this past Sunday. All shined up, as much a possible anyway lol.
My friend, I am considering nerf bars instead of pulling out my lift. I have to ask, where'd you get yours?

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,410 Posts
My friend, I am considering nerf bars instead of pulling out my lift. I have to ask, where'd you get yours?
If you want a set like this, you’ll have to build them. These were a custom job.

You can get a set of sliders built or maybe buy a set but they can get pretty pricey. Nerf bars are less expensive but won’t hold up under a good hit on a rock. They bolt to the chassis though, unlike hoop steps that bolt to the rocker panel.

·
Registered
1995 Bronco XLT 5.8, manual transfer case, manual locking hubs.
23 Posts
If you want a set like this, you’ll have to build them. These were a custom job.

You can get a set of sliders built or maybe buy a set but they can get pretty pricey. Nerf bars are less expensive but won’t hold up under a good hit on a rock. They bolt to the chassis though, unlike hoop steps that bolt to the rocker panel.
Would that be a job for a local 4x4 shop possibly? I kinda want something that acts as a slider and step but never journeyed into this world really before.

1801 - 1810 of 1810 Posts