Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
post a pic of your engine in your 78-79. Ill post when my engine is put back together....

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Here is the 460

Here is a pic of our 460 still at the engine shop. It is under the hood and makes Chevy Heartbeats stop..... lol

·
Only the Bronco
978 Posts
ok I have to be different here,

460 EFI at it's best there Baby :rockon

·
Registered
326 Posts
Predator 930 CFM variable venturi. You don't see them on alot of street cars. I used to run Holleys alot but got sick of worn base plates and blown power valves. The Predator has bottom end and throttle response most Holleys just dream about. Plus it's alot simpler in that it has very few moving parts to wear out, no jets to tinker with, no power valves, no choke ( VV carbs don't need them), or any of that other crap. It can run on steeper angles than Holleys or Edelbrocks and can be mounted in any position 360*. Best carb I've ever owned...and I've been through ALOT of them.

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Hey dixie pirate love the motor but hate the fan I have seen way to many flex fans come apart so just watch for stress cracks on the blades. I just threw one way for that reason.Like I said cool motor.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ya..I've seen the same problem. A freind had a blade go through the radiator on his 73...but he was winding the windsor pretty tight. I'll be ok till I get the electric fan on it. That's the nice thing about a big block....you don't have to wind the crap out of it to make big numbers :thumbup

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
Dixie Pirate said:
Predator 930 CFM variable venturi. You don't see them on alot of street cars. I used to run Holleys alot but got sick of worn base plates and blown power valves. The Predator has bottom end and throttle response most Holleys just dream about. Plus it's alot simpler in that it has very few moving parts to wear out, no jets to tinker with, no power valves, no choke ( VV carbs don't need them), or any of that other crap. It can run on steeper angles than Holleys or Edelbrocks and can be mounted in any position 360*. Best carb I've ever owned...and I've been through ALOT of them.
so what would one pay for said carburetor?:shrug

1 - 20 of 407 Posts