Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

401 - 417 of 417 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,093 Posts
HELL NO!

.....the lawnmower.

:smilie_slap
O silly me, that would throw the front to rear balance of the cobra off too much!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
@curtwow would be proud!

I went back and forth at least 50 times finally went the 4bt route if I had it to do over again honestly I think I'd gone 12v but it's still a toss up. Obviously I would not have had any concerns w/ axles etc. the way it ended up. I would have probably been forced to swap to a ZF5 out the gate but I would have sourced it with I got the engine so that wouldn't have been an issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went into my 78 XLT. Complete rebuild on the 351m. Overbuild per a recipe I found in an old site on rebuilding them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
715 Posts
78 BL .... you dropping that in a bronco?

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
715 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,093 Posts
Check my build thread:eek:
Sweet engine! Sounds really good too

Why is the vacuum advance unhooked?

13 inches of vacuum at idle is really low. Those durations you mentioned didnt seem all THAT big... I'm running I/E durations of 222 @.050 in my 300, 280 gross duration. 110 LSA with a moderate .480 lift. I pull 17" of vacuum at idle. I doubt your brakes will like only 13", unless you're going hydroboost.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The cam was spec'd for good torque all the way up the curve and hp all in at around 5k. A different cam and it would have been over 700hp easily. Built to be a great daily driver running on reg octane gas. As for the vacuum, I am going to start with a can and see what I got for brakes. The vacuumn advance was disconnected just for the dyno testing it will be hooked up for driving conditions.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think your brakes should be fine with that much vacuum.

Mine only has around 6" and the brakes work ok the only time i notice a stiff pedal is in town at a light, moving up because a vehicle moved up, the pedal is good on the initial stop but can be stiff on the move up after they move.

401 - 417 of 417 Posts