Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 80 of 158 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,373 Posts
I know it's not pretty, but this thing is a beast. Plus, I can get 17mpg @ 65 and 14mpg @ 80mph. :toothless

My new 465cfm 4bbl. Just about the perfect size. 390 was too small, 600 was too big.

Exhaust manifolds from the EFI 300 to 2.5" exhaust.

My newest addition. The DUI ignition and plugs gapped to 55. I love it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
pulled the motor a couple weeks ago in my new to me 95 to correct an oil pressure prob from the previous owners rebuild (mis placed fifty cent gasket on the oil pump pick up tube). Otherwise nice rebuild with all new internals, Cop Cams roller, GT40 heads, etc. I think i was more annoyed it was painted blue then anything but at least it wasnt Chevrolet orange lol (sorry to you guys with blue engines :D) I detailed it out in the proper Ford gray. Nothing real fancy here but proper color now . . . oh and proper oil pres :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
This one is from the last time the 300 needed some TLC

Years of fighting the urge to swap my 427 windsor from the mustang to the Bronco are about to get the best of me I believe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 1990 Bronco's 5.8L.

[/URL][/IMG]

I hope soon that I'll be staring at a 7.3L turbo diesel, bucket list item.

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
heres mine when I first installed it. 21mpg at 70-75 mph :)

Thats a clean setup, most of the diesel swaps I've seen have shit layin every, crap zip tied all over.

:thumbup

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thats a clean setup, most of the diesel swaps I've seen have shit layin every, crap zip tied all over.

:thumbup
thanks, There is no reason for that! It is 100% a like for like swap, the only thing I needed to change under hood other than motor mounts, was the inner fenderwells, as the diesel ones had all the necessary bracketry for its added pieces.

61 - 80 of 158 Posts