20041 - 20060 of 32797 Posts

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,206 Posts
you couldn't pay me enough.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Whats the point of the hard hat? protect you from falling bird shit?

looks like a non pegged pole. did you use spiked boots, how are they?

and unforgiven.. i bet if the price was right you'd do it... lets just say, there was a suitcase full of cash on top of that pole. you wouldn't leave it there.
is it the height, or the high voltage?

·
People keep buying my
8,000 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
How about this climb?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k4Xk1mEwmI

I've been up some towers and pegged poles up to about 60ft. (and mounted 2' dishes on them)
poles are a lot scarier than towers.. a tower is like a ladder.
but its only really scary the first time.

edit: damn it alex.. you beat me to it. as soon as i click submit it's already there

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,075 Posts
I always thought this one was a gut-wrencher.
It is. ...and I assume the video is an active climb that I've seen before. Some of those things give me the heebie jeebies just looking at it remotely.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,206 Posts
and unforgiven.. i bet if the price was right you'd do it... lets just say, there was a suitcase full of cash on top of that pole. you wouldn't leave it there.
i'd walk the fawk away and not give 1 shit. i hate heights, pole or tower "ladder", doesn't matter. i have trouble being on a ladder that's over 8feet and i start getting nervous.

i've had too many dreams where i am falling, hit the ground, die and NOT wake up to do anything remotely high up.

·
Nvr Been Bnnd
8,675,445 Posts
i'd walk the fawk away and not give 1 shit. i hate heights, pole or tower "ladder", doesn't matter. i have trouble being on a ladder that's over 8feet and i start getting nervous.

i've had too many dreams where i am falling, hit the ground, die and NOT wake up to do anything remotely high up.
sissy :goodfinge

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,206 Posts
don't care

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
Whats the point of the hard hat? protect you from falling bird shit?

looks like a non pegged pole. did you use spiked boots, how are they?

Precisely for bird shit... hahah
and yeah i climb everything but steel with my climbers. anymore its like walkin to work, i prefer them most the time

·
Registered
882 Posts
ive done some crazy sh!t installing windows with and without harness' but that video is some crazy sh!t. i dont mind heights at all, one of these days and im gonna go sky diving and id love to learn how to fly like a small cessna but watching that video still gave me goosebumps

·
4:20 Enthusiast!
3,278 Posts
Nerves of steel!!:beer Big brass testyballs too!
Very cool. Climbing back down would suck, a parachute would be a great way to get down.Wouldn't hurt as a safety device either.

20041 - 20060 of 32797 Posts