Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

22221 - 22240 of 33347 Posts

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
What happened to the exterior accessories? I've got a 4R of that vintage.
Our guy that sells stuff on EBay got the wheels/tires, roof rack, sliders, front bumper with winch and lights, and the rear bumper. It had 1300 miles on it and we had to crush the motor/tranny per Toyota.

Here's another neat thing we got in. Toyota uses it to train their techs. Its a complete (minus body) 4runner. Working 4wd and all. It had a plaque that said it was built by inmates at some prison.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,075 Posts
Our guy that sells stuff on EBay got the wheels/tires, roof rack, sliders, front bumper with winch and lights, and the rear bumper. It had 1300 miles on it and we had to crush the motor/tranny per Toyota.
can you PM me the link to his EBay store?

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,875 Posts
I'm interested in the guards.
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was questioning you, meant why did they dismantle.... :whiteflag

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,875 Posts
What was wrong with the drivetrain that all parts couldn't find a home? It's wasteful, and we are talking about our environment here Mr.Prius producers.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,203 Posts
They often crush 1 off/prototype vehicles. These vehicles were built to be destroyed, only for image only.

·
Registered
497 Posts
This doesnt even seem like it would work unless the whole body leans/rolls when turning. That thing would flip in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I see a bronco in the background :toothless
Yep that's my Bronco.

Sorry, Iolaus, I don't know his eBay address.

One-off vehicles like that are used and destroyed. They can't be titled or registered. Same goes for new vehicles that have defects, or are damaged during transport to the dealership. Earlier in the year we got a dozen brand new Chevy 2500 Duramaxs that were damaged and had to be crushed per Chevy. Toyota is more lenient, we can use body parts and some suspension off their Program Cars. A few years ago we had 32 brand new Sequoia's that had leaky rear hatches.

Then there's evidence cars, like this Explorer rittled with .45s.

22221 - 22240 of 33347 Posts