Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

22341 - 22360 of 33235 Posts

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,075 Posts
How in the hell does one get into playing something like that?
As a profession? The easiest way would be to invest lots of time and money learning to play the flute, join an organization that can afford to buy one, volunteer be an understudy to someone else who is currently playing one and hope they retire. ...or buy one yourself if you can. They're expensive - very expensive!

On the other hand, the companies bring their instruments to the National Flute Association's annual convention, which gives the attendees a chance to play around with the expensive toys.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,533 Posts
:histerica That's what Pepe says too. Believe it or not, it's a flute.
I'm sure Pepe knows a bong when he sees one.........:histerica
:toothless Heh, I'm sure you're right.
well, I obviously don't know a flute when I see it... but I can live with that. ;)

what strain is that if i may ask.....looks like a pure indica :smokin:
pure Indica huh? hmmmm... the more hairs, the more sativa. so many crosses these days, pure indica strains are hard to find... at least, in my world.

I chased down the price for the one I was playing... $38,000
That would buy you a whole bong store! :doh0715:

:goodfinge

·
my bko ate my money
2,328 Posts
Grimm Cinderella 99 is what it is called.:doh0715:
I think I called it reeeeally dam good, I don't reallllly remember!:haha
nice hybrid, princess x cinderalla 88.....it also has a long genetic cross straining in its past........dam northerners get to enjoy all the fun stuff :goodfinge

pure Indica huh? hmmmm... the more hairs, the more sativa. so many crosses these days, pure indica strains are hard to find... at least, in my world.
your rite but there is 1 pure indica strain out there and its part of the purple pheno, i cant remember what its name was :haha

·
OMF
2,933 Posts
How in the hell does one get into playing something like that?
My wife has played the flute since she was 10, she played professionally in the Army Band in Japan, Germany and Georgia. She is now a music education at the University of Utah, transferring to UNLV next semester. Neither school has one of these flutes.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,075 Posts
Wow sounds like a didgeridoo
Yeah, it's hard to hear how they really sound over the internet; the tone is so low that you feel it more than actually hear it. Of the three in this pic, I was playing the largest one, Raleigh's wife was playing the middle one...

...and here's a decent video of the smallest (highest range) one.

The three flutes are the contrabass, the sub-contrabass, and the double-contrabass. There is also a hyperbass flute as well.

22341 - 22360 of 33235 Posts