Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

32161 - 32180 of 32727 Posts

·
Ford-a-Holic
3,863 Posts
You can bet Steve got his permit. I wonder if he was a democrat.

Political Views
McQueen was a Republican and held some conservative views.

"We might want to call him a libertarian. He did seem to lean right during the time in U.S. history when you were either a “hippie” or a “square.” He endorsed Republican Richard Nixon for president in 1968, even though he somehow made it onto Nixon’s list of enemies. Plus–and this might negate any claims that he was a libertarian–he supported the war in Vietnam and refused to participate in the Civil Rights march on Washington.

In today’s political climate, he would certainly lean right on the contentious gun control issue. After it was made public in 1969 that McQueen was on the top of serial killer Charles Manson’s “to kill” list, McQueen carried a concealed weapon with him wherever he went."

·
I did done broke it
2,240 Posts

Cargo Bob's progress. Only things really left are redo the wheel wells (just require some welding) and then make the deck however I want. For the total $120 or so this thing has costed me thus far I'm pretty happy. Oh I might also replace the tongue, it has some weird one where theres no way to lock down the tongue to prevent theft/decoupling. Bugs the shit out of me.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,219 Posts
Rock crawling in 4 low

·
Addicted to Junk
10,219 Posts

Cargo Bob's progress. Only things really left are redo the wheel wells (just require some welding) and then make the deck however I want. For the total $120 or so this thing has costed me thus far I'm pretty happy. Oh I might also replace the tongue, it has some weird one where theres no way to lock down the tongue to prevent theft/decoupling. Bugs the shit out of me.
Reminds me of the trailer I saw in Moab. Boat trailer with a pickup bed on it, a camper shell, and a rooftop tent

·
Registered
4,602 Posts

·
I did done broke it
2,240 Posts
Reminds me of the trailer I saw in Moab. Boat trailer with a pickup bed on it, a camper shell, and a rooftop tent
I've been watching CL/Marketplace for a cheap truck bed. Might throw one of those on the back and move the flatbed toward the front.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Freak microburst squall just bent Dorothy. Susan put it up five years ago. I was watching and thought it was a goner! Something else to fix. Those photos were situated correctly but now it looks like the house was falling off the planet and I don’t know how to fix it.. Wendy (the taller one with cables and straps), survived fine, although the post may need strengthening if this kind of thing becomes common. I put it up a year ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Looks like the car is going on the bridge.

In other news,

Driving some back roads here in Belize and had to cross a river.

Been wheeling in this Suzuki (rental)

This barge is powered by hand. (Decided not to challenge this guy to arm wrestling.)

View from the seat.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,219 Posts
32161 - 32180 of 32727 Posts