Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

32241 - 32260 of 32689 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Well, I bought a new tractor two weeks ago, a 1978 Bronco a month ago, and my neighbor was selling this 1972 Suburban, and I really couldn't pass it up, don't find them very often. So the wife is a little pissed with me spending all this money, so I took her down to ACE Hardware and got her this nice machine!!!!! Ya, she's still pissed.:rofl:

Attachments

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,172 Posts
I love those Suburbans! I bet that passenger door could be pushed out without much damage remaining.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I thought the 'burbon was a Chevy product? GMC was using the same model name back then?

yea... I'll bet she's still pissed. May as well have picked up a new vacuum cleaner for her. :toothless
You know pepe, I did buy her a shovel too, just didn't include it in the photos.....still didn't make her too happy:rofl: Well, you can't please them all!!

·
Ford-a-Holic
3,834 Posts
I thought the 'burbon was a Chevy product? GMC was using the same model name back then?

yea... I'll bet she's still pissed. May as well have picked up a new vacuum cleaner for her. :toothless
Yeah, both GMC and Chevrolet rolled out their own versions of the Suburban until GMC changed theirs to the Yukon.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,164 Posts

Although it came out later, the International Travelall was everything the GM suburban wanted to be.

Better looks (subjective)
More capable
More doors:

The travelall added a second door to the passenger side in 1958, and a second door to the driver side in 1961. GM didnt add that 3rd door to the suburban until 1967 and the fourth in 1973: a full 12 years after the Travelall.

The Travelall was also available with the bulletproof T19 transmission and inline sixes putting out Chevy V8 power. Axles were usually Dana, but a couple 10k+ pound rated 2 speed Eaton axles were available too. Transfer cases were NP202 or 205 or Dana 20 or 300.

Plus it wasnt a CHEVY!

That is a slick suburban though!

·
Premium Member
34,627 Posts
Yeah, both GMC and Chevrolet rolled out their own versions of the Suburban until GMC changed theirs to the Yukon.
Damn. I knew they were sisters and all but running such a similar rig, with the same name... what's the point? No wonder those Chevy guys are so confused all the time. ;) I'm surprised it lasted up until the Yukon.

Although it came out later, the International Travelall was everything the GM suburban wanted to be.
I am one of the few oddballs that like the look of the International Scouts and from what I've heard over the years, they were pretty damn capable when setup but I've also heard and seen that they rust out like a corn can left in a field.

·
Registered
772 Posts
you never bought corn in a can? I thought you was at least 1/2 my age. :goodfinge
we used it all the time for fishin' when I's a kid. :shrug
Oh okay, you threw me with the specific CORN can thing instead of tin can in general. Besides, I live in a desert where only International Harvester trucks and the rare Fiat rust...

32241 - 32260 of 32689 Posts