Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

32741 - 32760 of 32810 Posts

·
Ford-a-Holic
3,918 Posts
Really starting to dislike this format even more.... aaarrrrggggghhhh! Seems I miss the responses/updates to threads i posted to some times.
Can i go back to the old forum. Jeesshhh, I sound like my dad

·
Ford-a-Holic
3,918 Posts
Manfred Freiherr von Richthofen (The Red Baron) showing his cool motorcycle in 1917!
(Really cool Photchop work)

·
Ford-a-Holic
3,918 Posts
Uh, yeah, so like I was saying; I lost like 11 pans and a knuckle and a few shovel heads. Yeah these sure look like mine, but hey, that's like a really cool gun, so....

·
Registered
418 Posts
FE0FE693-0BFB-4071-AC12-6CBF669965E1.jpeg

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
7,534 Posts
Reminds me of breaking the bolt loose that holds the lower cup for the front spring on my 90. After several days of soaking, I broke my "old faithful" Craftsman version of #3 that I'd had for 40 years. :cry Then it still wouldn't budge with #4. But with a 5 foot cheater pipe on #4 it finally gave up. Yeah, I can relate.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Reminds me of breaking the bolt loose that holds the lower cup for the front spring on my 90. After several days of soaking, I broke my "old faithful" Craftsman version of #3 that I'd had for 40 years. :cry Then it still wouldn't budge with #4. But with a 5 foot cheater pipe on #4 it finally gave up. Yeah, I can relate.
That's crazy @El Kabong ... Can't imagine needing a 5 foot cheater 😮 ... Most I've ever used was like 2 feet.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,395 Posts
Ya know, that's not a bad idea if you have a trail beater and a local yocal keen on writing tire overhang tickets... but come on man, spray em black

I can but anything that starts with the first one is in pieces long before I get to the last 2.
That's why I have tap & die sets now.

Random-ish
View attachment 150768
Random-ish??? That's completely off-topic. Oh wait theres a metal bronco in there somewhere

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
7,534 Posts
That's crazy @El Kabong ... Can't imagine needing a 5 foot cheater 😮 ... Most I've ever used was like 2 feet.
Before that job I could say that about automotive work (I've used some long stuff in plumbing work). But at that stage I was a few days in & was ready for a win. And with the long cheater I could apply lots of steady pressure without having to bounce it. I had already broken the stud for the front shock, which is why I was pulling it apart. It actually went pretty easily at that point.

I had used Liquid Wrench penetrant for years, but had swapped to PB Blaster by then. And heat from a torch when needed. But I didn't want to heat front end components. I hadn't found Deep Creep yet. If I ever have to do the other side I'll try DC. I probably oughta start soaking it now...

And for a random pic, how about Big Oly from Fabulous Fords Forever a few years ago?

32741 - 32760 of 32810 Posts