Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

32761 - 32780 of 32819 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
View attachment 150314
Technically not a picture but wth!
Yeah, I am a 3rd generation San Diegan but my family has been all over the west since I can remember. I want to move to Oregon pretty badly to escape California. I do have some trepidation about it though, because of prevailing attitudes like that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
34,870 Posts
Doesn't really matter where you go @marshallnoise That's a fairly prevalent attitude throughout the US in rural areas where city folks get tired of the city, move to the country but bring the worst of their big city thinkin' with 'em. Same attitude and experience in WA & ID, as I suspect many others.

Random-ish

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
It's RatFink Santa!

I know it's a Dodge, but I would totally tool around the North Pole in the Challenger Sleigh...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Turn the music off and enjoy this golden oldie. If I gotta go snow sled style, this would be my choice. ;)

Truth be told... I've done the same or better with my Duratracs in the old '90 FSB.
This is kinda what my 6bt Bronco will be....minus the tracks. He has a cool vid on his channel showing how to retrofit door gaskets from a newer truck into the 78-79 trucks too.

FYI, I have always considered myself a Westerner. God, guns and country.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Before that job I could say that about automotive work (I've used some long stuff in plumbing work). But at that stage I was a few days in & was ready for a win. And with the long cheater I could apply lots of steady pressure without having to bounce it. I had already broken the stud for the front shock, which is why I was pulling it apart. It actually went pretty easily at that point.

I had used Liquid Wrench penetrant for years, but had swapped to PB Blaster by then. And heat from a torch when needed. But I didn't want to heat front end components. I hadn't found Deep Creep yet. If I ever have to do the other side I'll try DC. I probably oughta start soaking it now...

And for a random pic, how about Big Oly from Fabulous Fords Forever a few years ago?

Wish they didn't always have to cut them 🙁 i like stock so much better
181014_175959_COLLAGE-1.png

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
7,540 Posts
Wish they didn't always have to cut them 🙁 i like stock so much better
View attachment 150855
Well, although that one's far from stock, it's not exactly "cut". It's a glass body on a custom frame & suspension. The body is narrowed & sectioned. It won the Mexican 1,000 back to back (now the Baja 1,000) with Parnelli Jones at the wheel in 71 & 72.

Article: https://www.bajabronco.com/BigOly.shtml

Many people are restoring the quarters back to uncut. I like them both, but prefer cut myself, with the ability to run bigger tires. I wanted one to offroad, but could not bring myself to cut an original fender. That's part of why I hunted down an already cut & beat up EB. Well, that & my project class bank account. :toothless

My poor beat up 73 when I brought it home. It had been rode hard & put away full of snow (We actually had to clear snow out of the seats for the test drive).

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
Wanna talk about cut fenders? Look at these egg shaped cuts lol. Neither side matched eachother either.

My ol 74 and 94.

No cuts on this on Willys...

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
Local news story. I'm not in any way negating the seriousness of these kind of threats, but LOOK AT THE GUN IN QUESTION. It's a freaking pump up bb gun. Watch out or you'll shoot an eye out!

Screenshot_20191203-122247_Chrome.jpg

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
Lol we had walnut fights... similar concept to a snowball fight but it hurt more.

I just thought it sad that I instantaneously knew it was a bb gun when I saw it, yet no one reported it as being so. Can you imagine a shooter running around pumping up a bb gun during an assault? 'Okay y'all, time out, I gotta pump my gun again, okay, go!' That's just silly.

And let's be honest. Who is going to openly post that in this day and age, and not expect to be arrested. To me the whole thing just screams "look at me, give me attention"

Everyone just needs to roll a superblunt and chill the fudge out!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I grew up having BB gun "wars" with the neighborhood kids.
We didn't take it to school though.
That's where we'd stab each other with pencils and breaks the tips off.
We used to put 2 inch pieces of plastic from our model car trees down the barrel in front of the bb..... until one stuck in my older brothers leg and mom took our BB guns away for 2 weeks.
Edit, sorry forgot random pic
A42FE4CB-901C-42E5-B8F5-B4CDA0CF4E0C.jpeg

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
We used to put 2 inch pieces of plastic from our model car trees down the barrel in front of the bb..... until one stuck in my older brothers leg and mom took our BB guns away for 2 weeks.
Edit, sorry forgot random pic
View attachment 150872
That literally made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I've gotten a treble hook embedded in the meat of the palm of my thumb. Not too bad till you go tugging on it. But that! Uuugh gives me the willies

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
7,540 Posts
Lol we had walnut fights... similar concept to a snowball fight but it hurt more.
Haha. We had walnut fights with the kids in the house across the street. Not much pain involved since I was 6 when we moved from there. We were at a disadvantage because they had a tree & our only ammo was what landed after they threw it. Until we discovered the nuclear option of dipping walnuts in what the dog left in our yard. That ended the war right there. Hit a kid with a dog poo walnut & he's just not having fun anymore.

How's this for random? How to carry a wheelbarrow with a Bronco.

·
Registered
441 Posts
32761 - 32780 of 32819 Posts