Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

12181 - 12200 of 32629 Posts

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,581 Posts
10 tons, smokey. 10 tons.... Hard to find, and BIG shit.

Found under the M123 and only a few other trucks. These trucks aren't cheap, & it's rare to find them parted out...
Holy hell. 10 tons. That def calls for some 66 terra's :toothless

They'll never learn... you can't dodge the repo man!!:imp
Never. I love our repo crews.

Nice! What do you get for repoin'g a car? Do you get more if it's a higher end or oversized 1ton, etc?

Nope. I work for a finance company as an accounts rep/skip tracer (the guy who does the repo orders + tracing of people who decide to dip on their car note) Its flat rate. we'll say for example its $250 per vehicle, so the tow agent will receive the $250 when the vehicle gets picked up. Now say they never find the vehicle, the finance company can hold the repo at no charge, but often times to "close" a repo it is a few dollars. $100 usually for companies who charge $250, $150 for the $300's, it's usually around half. And those prices can go upwards of $400-600 per pick up vehicle.

We usually don't pay it though, the customer does in order to redeem the vehicle back :toothless:beer

·
Resident Wrecker Driver
1,325 Posts
Nice! What do you get for repoin'g a car? Do you get more if it's a higher end or oversized 1ton, etc?
I get approx 25% of what the finance company is willing to pay. Usually cars pay me $50-$100 a car. Heavy duty and machinery will bring in upwards of $80 depending on its value and any other resources I need (low boy trailer or tractor to haul). Its a good business when you can get em, but recently I haven't been getting as lucky.

Drove the Volvo back from Mass.

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,581 Posts
I get approx 25% of what the finance company is willing to pay. Usually cars pay me $50-$100 a car. Heavy duty and machinery will bring in upwards of $80 depending on its value and any other resources I need (low boy trailer or tractor to haul). Its a good business when you can get em, but recently I haven't been getting as lucky.

Drove the Volvo back from Mass.
Well, thats a first. I guess I never thought of the financing for big rigs. I can't believe you guys get that little of the cut. Its usually $250/vehicle I assume for the company/owner to get 50% - which should leave you $125. $80/car seems pretty low. Although I can't say for sure, I never ask the tow agents what the drivers get paid, but I know some of them make big bucks.

And fire - leme know if you need help with a customer or two, I have a LOT of skiptracing databases.

·
Resident Wrecker Driver
1,325 Posts
Well, thats a first. I guess I never thought of the financing for big rigs. I can't believe you guys get that little of the cut. Its usually $250/vehicle I assume for the company/owner to get 50% - which should leave you $125. $80/car seems pretty low. Although I can't say for sure, I never ask the tow agents what the drivers get paid, but I know some of them make big bucks.

And fire - leme know if you need help with a customer or two, I have a LOT of skiptracing databases.
The company gets the $250+ , I'm only the guy in the trenches. Smok3y, if you wouldn't mind helping me out I would greatly appreciate it. I am stuck doing all my own skip tracing, shop won't fund any of the resources I need though:twak. The way I see it, everything can be financed and heavy machines are no different.

·
Mud God - R.I.P.
5,789 Posts
10 tons, smokey. 10 tons.... Hard to find, and BIG shit.

Found under the M123 and only a few other trucks. These trucks aren't cheap, & it's rare to find them parted out...
The 10 ton front isn't that strong,and there not top load.

Weak link on a 5 ton is the knuckels

BEEF

More 5ton BEEF 2 9/16 axles

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,235 Posts
some pics of a M123 (The m125 is almost the same truck)

Because everything else's size was increased with the truck's GVWR, it's hard to tell just how "big" this truck is. Maybe these will help...

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,581 Posts
The company gets the $250+ , I'm only the guy in the trenches. Smok3y, if you wouldn't mind helping me out I would greatly appreciate it. I am stuck doing all my own skip tracing, shop won't fund any of the resources I need though:twak. The way I see it, everything can be financed and heavy machines are no different.
Yea I just never really thought of it. Its funny I guess I kind of assumed that the big rigs were company vehicles, but hey, I guess anything can really be repo'd, even company owned commercial rigs.

And yes I will absolutely help you, I can't run all of them because every single search is noted and paid for by my company, but I can run a few for you, maybe ones that are tough to find. If you have names and SS#'s send em over, i'll be able to track them down + spouses and family members. I'll give you a nice big list of places to run, along with all previous addresses.

The 10 ton front isn't that strong,and there not top load.
Would you say the 5 ton front > 10ton front - simply for the fact it isn't a topload?

some pics of a M123 (The m125 is almost the same truck)
Did you just google those? because I'd love to see more pics if there is some place that has them....

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,235 Posts
You can google around and find a lot of pics of the M123 & M125. Oshkosh makes a 22.5 ton tractor rig these days. it's an 8x8 they also have a 6x6 14 and 20 ton tractor.

Rockford's right though, the front diff isn't as strong. Most monster trucks use 5 ton axles with modified furniture and planetary gears. These days, HET axles are really where it's at, they're just "new" and hard to come by.

I believe Mac and Kaiser produced the 10 tons that I posted pictures of.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,206 Posts
from the other day. my finger is pointing to where i live. the storms were good, but could have been better.

·
Nvr Been Bnnd
8,675,445 Posts
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

and my pops, color matching duct tape thats holding a headlight bucket in. (hit a deer the other day)
[/IMG]

12181 - 12200 of 32629 Posts