Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

12261 - 12280 of 32625 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Ah, forgot I had these. Just been so busy with two jobs this past winter. I drove for a taxi service to Big Sky from the airport. Had to pick up a spare vehicle in Butte, had unlimited miles and I got it at 9pm before the airport closed. Small airport, I asked about a place I could park with no fees, and they just said to park in the employee parking, just a few hundred yards from the airport, nobody will bother it, so it's a small airport. I was told to pick up a Suburban, got there and the guy at Hertz asked if I wanted a van or Cherokee, he's almost insistent that I take one because it's cheaper. No, gotta have a Suburban. So, I pick it up, has some taillights out, and kinda dirty inside, doesn't look like the last time it got cleaned. Drive it about 90 miles to the airport, pick people up, take them to Big Sky, I think I might have done another early one in the morning. Someone else takes it for another run, and says he had a flat tire. He comes back and shows it before I take it back, the tire looks like this:

My boss gets upset about driving the truck since the tires are poor tires anyway, let alone the bald one, shouldn't be used in Montana winters, it's just dangerous. So, when I take it back he complains over the phone (he's driving a plow truck, it's loud) and the guy thinks he's being yelled at and tells my boss he doesn't have to be such a d*(k. Which makes my boss upset and they really get into it. Just thought I'd post an experience and pictures from a Hertz rental car. I do like the new Suburbans, you just need to make sure the tires aren't worn through if you rent one. We had a transmission go out on a new van we rented last year with 15k on it through Alamo or something. Told us we were had to wait until they could get a repair person out an hour from the location (7pm on a Sunday) and then they'd see about accommodations for us and my diabetic grandmother. Which means they'd have to assess the damage, then send another vehicle out to fit 7 or so people. Mom was very unhappy. Needless to say, not happy with our car rentals. Oh, and a 12 passenger van with RWD I couldn't make it up a mountain during a snow storm to drop an older, divorced lady off. She still gave me a $40 tip and called in to say how good of a driver I was. Her friends/family invited me back to their place when they came to pick her up about 5 miles from the destination after she spent $140 for me to drive her there, but I wasn't going to leave the van in the middle of the road on a hill, so I declined. Probably would've gotten in trouble there...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Stuff I've seen damaged in my days:

Pictures 1, 3, 4, & 7 total about $5-10k worth of damage alone. The damage to the one vehicle was about $15k or $30k worth, can't remember, according to a body shop. Later, a truck towing a boat would break out the rear window with the boat at a restaurant and drive away. Won't show pictures, they have logos, and I've already gotten in trouble with a work video before. I don't work there anymore, but not gonna post them anyway.

Stupid dog stepped on my barbecue sauce and kicked a drink over. They left it.

·
Mud God - R.I.P.
5,789 Posts
Whole front moved over to the pass side to center the pinion,pass hub flipped in,driver out.

The way most guys do it,spin the chunk 180

Mine pinion centered,hubs in

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,581 Posts

12261 - 12280 of 32625 Posts