Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there guys!

Found a thread broken by Photobucket that you'd like to see fixed? Post the URL here and I'll try my best to get it working again.

The intention of this thread is to fix tech or build threads that are made useless by the PB break and not so much to restore the images of the latest "Post your Bronco at the grocery store" threads we all enjoy. If you've found a thread that you're really missing the images from, then this is the place to get it fixed(hopefully).

It should be mentioned that the thread restoration may not last forever, depending on whether PB "fixes" it in the future.

Thanks!

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey schwim, awesome if you can do this!

The links are in my signature below. Mainly the build threads, but if you can do the FOTM one too that would be awesome!! Thanks!!
Heya Scoop,

I fixed your two build threads a couple months ago when I saw they needed some loving ;)

Your FOTM thread now joins the ranks of the unfarged!

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@schwim are you doing these pics each by hand ?
There's unfortunately no magic trick to doing these. Every page has to be scanned and every post with a PB image in it has to be edited. There are a couple keybinds and combos that make it a bit easier to fix, however.

First, for anyone that has tremors or just shaky hands, pump up the text size (CTRL mousewheel^ or CTRL +) I put it up to an absurd magnification so I don't keep putting the cursor in the wrong spot.

In my search bar I type ~original then CTRL A(select all) and CTRL X(cut).

I start editing the posts and on the first post, I CTRL F(find), type [/img] and hit enter to find the first spot. BACKSPACE to get the cursor in the right spot, CTRL V(paste), CTRL G(find next) and repeat until the post is repaired. Save.

Rinse and repeat.

If it's a post with 25 or more images, I cut the post text, paste it into my text editor, replace all instances of [/img] with ~original[/img] in document, then paste it back into the post box.

Piece of cake, right? :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Post any broken Photobucket threads you'd like unbroken

Just gotta say it’s awesome you’re taking this on Was pretty bummed when a bunch of my saved threads were lost, good to know there’s a chance we can restore some of the great info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,759 Posts
@schwim

Can you fix the problem with North Korea?? jumbo/gumbo all their technology :scratchhe

Yeah......I believe you can. You are da FSB IT MAN!! :thumbup

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@schwim

Can you fix the problem with North Korea?? jumbo/gumbo all their technology :scratchhe

Yeah......I believe you can. You are da FSB IT MAN!! :thumbup
I've gotcha covered.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,759 Posts
1 - 20 of 112 Posts