Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would much like some type of bull bar. I don't have the means to make one. So I would prefer to buy a pre-made bar. Most of the online stores no longer have pic's for the older trucks. I want something "beefy". You know something I can hit stuff with if need be.

So if you have a bull bar/ push bar/ grill guard please post some pics with the name of the maker.

Thank you for your support:thumbup

P.S. i used the search, mustly older pic's that are "x"s or home made stuff.
P.S.S. Or if you are handy, and would like to build one to my taste, I'll gladly pay. I live in Quakertown PA 45mins North of Philly.

·
Registered
511 Posts
:shocked That sucks that it messed up your hood!! :shocked

but image in you didn't have the bars on there. You probably would have destroyed your radiator, front grill, bumper AND your hood. I figure things like that reduce the damage (a little bit).

·
Super Moderator
26,706 Posts
Setina makes the Police/Military Push Bumpers; I have the 16" Bodyguard steel black powder-coated model on our 96 and of course, it works outstandingly well. There is an angle bar that is perfect for lights or fishing rod holders which I mounted.
Pics on my web site shown below. & [url=http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/showmedia.php?id=150760][/URL]

Cost was ~ $ 140.00 incl S+H from WA to NJ in 98

·
shibby
4,826 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah miesk5, thanks for the site info. I think I may get the "PB400" I just sent for the free cataloge.

Dustball, i also like your bumper/bar. Sorry about that tree jumping out in front of you! That awesome that the whole bumper and bar is only 45lbs.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts

people run into me when im parked all the time, since i am in high school, people drive crazy and hit me sometimes. It shreds up their car and i suffer no damage! VERY easy to install too. You can see the brush guards are bent, but thats because someone decided to walk up and bend them but i bent them back. I dont know what brand, but if ineterested i will look it up.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
1clean5.8 said:
I think they do more damage than good personally.
+1... I like how the guys with stock bumpers think the bumper is stronger than the bull bar, little do they know the stock bumper is a piece of junk too

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
1986 Bronco with Chrome Grizzly grill guard.

This is the second grill guard of this style I have had on the Bronco. The original was destroyed when my mom decided to push a Jeep Cherokee and a mid sized sedan into and intersection. (Slick mud tires in the rain). It destroyed the Grill Guard and the front bomper. But the rest of the front survived.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1clean 5.8 and ToddACimer, are you both correct about the factory bumper, is very light weight. But about those bars doing more damage than good, I think it a 50/50 thing. Hit something hard enough and it won't matter if you have one or not. If you "push" a old fence over, tree branchs etc straight on I think they can be a good tool. Thats way I'm looking for a "beefy" one. But I also love lots of driving, fog and spot lights on trucks so the bars make good mounting spots:thumbup

Gacknar, Nice truck! The Grizzy bars don't look "beefy" to me. The uprights seem to thin.

Any more pics?

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Gack I just want to say you have one of the nicest FSBs on this board. That thing is a work of art

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
Gack I just want to say you have one of the nicest FSBs on this board. That thing is a work of art
Thanks. :beer

But my Bronco is a lot like a stripper. They may look like a million dollars at the strip club and in photoes. But take her home, wash off all the makup, and put her under some light, and it's like a whole diferant person.

Lots of wax, lots of time, and lots of silicone are whait takes to make it look good.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
It all depends on how it is mounted. Most of the gaurds pictured above are bolted to the bumper. Mine is from Warn, and it has brackets that go to the frame behinde the bumper. They are also reinforced with L-brackets. It is extremly stout- I hit a Georgia Power truck with it going about 35 and all I had to do was loosen a bolt and jump on it to make it sit straight again, Deff saved the front end of my truck.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts