Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1387 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,196 Posts
I love dogs and for that reason and a bunch of others... you better have been parked when you had that second pic snapped. :twak

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,656 Posts
My 11 year old lab Hurley

A few nights ago, he fell trying to get up the stairs. He was laying there on like the 5th step looking at me with those big dough eyes looking so sad. I carried him to the top, and sat with him on the couch a while. Today my mom took him to the vet. He used to be over 100 pounds. Today he was 77. His muscles are atrophied so much he looks like a hollow man. His fatty tumors all checked out okay, as did his internals and heart. Poor guy just doesnt have any strength hardly. I hate it when good dogs get old...

:cry:cry:cry

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,656 Posts
I'm 30 and have had 6 of them die. Five lived to ripe old ages. One was just a few months old when parvo got her. That one was tough. Not that they all weren't tough, but I was in a real rough patch mentally back then and that didnt help. I still miss them all. Theres nothing like the love of a good dog. They are always happy to see you, always greet you at the door, and always love you, no matter the mood your in.

...I cried at the end of Marley and Me... doesnt help I'm a labrador lover. My lab Montana died the same way as Marley.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
941 Posts
It’s hell when dogs get old. I lost my lab/german shepherd mix almost 2 years ago. He had to be 12-13 years old, I rescued him from the desert so I don’t know exactly how old he was. He had the same issue with fatty tumors, lived with them for quite a few years though. As long they are still themselves and still have a happy soul... you will know when when “it’s time”. It sucks though....

·
Super Moderator
1992 Bronco XLT
2,148 Posts
How many have ever seen a dog sleep floating in the water? She was old 16yrs and was severely missing her sister who had died a few months earlier. They are both missed deeply as we chose to have furkids instead of raising kids to grow up in this screwed up world. Then here's a nice little dog prayer we had on our frig.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,656 Posts
:histerica

That's the cutest thing ever!

I thought you meant something else by "sleep" before I saw the pics. Two of my grandma's daschunds died by drowning, and we found them floating. They definitely are not good swimmers.

We had a lab that would follow us around the lake (40 acres), our other lab would too, but swimming the whole time. Then he got too close to my dads tire while chasing one time. Thought he was a gonner, but ended up just loosing one eye and vision in the other. He lived another 8 years to the age of 15. He could still swim, dodge trees in the yard, and try to chase rabbits and squirrels. He learned the layout of our house to the point we could take the baby gate off the stairs. He would walk towards them, crouch down on all fours to his belly and shuffle down them, turn at the landing and shuffle down the second half. He would nearly sprint up them. He knew where his food and water was and where the door to the fenced in area was. He did that thing where dogs pick up a mouthful of kibble, drop it on the ground away from the bowl and find each single piece Haha.

He was the fastest dog I've ever seen before the accident. He would routinely catch rabbits at a dead sprint in the wide open. One time he had caught one and was tossing it in the air and catching it again. He misjudged his own throw and it landed draped over the back of his neck. He was looking all around frantically trying to find it. :histerica

As much as I hate loosing a dog, I'll never not have one or two

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,196 Posts
Sasha and I going for a drive.
I love dogs and for that reason and a bunch of others... you better have been parked when you had that second pic snapped. :twak
I was driving
Dammit man! :twak :banghead:doh0715:
When I was in my early teens, some dumb old b!tch was driving around with her purse-dog sitting in her lap, exactly like that. The dog saw something, jumped on her arm and she whipped right into my Dad's '67-ish Mustang. Totaled it and broke her dogs leg in the process. For the love of all that is good and right in a Bronco lovin' dog's world, DON'T DO THAT SH!T! :smilie_slap

·
Registered
772 Posts
And some trouble with her other dogs on our first date.. we managed to remove the quills and save those dummies from themselves with a lot of wine and beer (for us), and a lot of pain for the poor dogs.... a year later they all did it again!!��������

Attachments

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Jake No Longer Has Happy Tail!!

My 11 year old hunting dog. He goes everywhere with me. He recently had his tail removed because of "Happy Tail". Besides breaking peoples shins, coffee table glasses, unsuspecting crotches it would begin to bleed and never heal... The house would look like a retake of a Charles Manson murder mystery. Hopefully he doesn't need his rudder when he swims this year!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
This is Louie and Nash out for a walk Louie is 12 and Nash is 6. Their Boston Terriers one of the true American breeds.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

1281 - 1300 of 1387 Posts