Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1381 - 1399 of 1399 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
1,013 Posts
Boone so reminds us of my wife’s pup Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, that’s my pup Grizzly Bear using him as a pillow, glad to know our couch corner isn’t the only couch corner that’s a chew toy. View attachment 157320
Yep haha.The wife just about strangled him when he did that.... Ever corner has a chew now

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,518 Posts
I thought it was a pikachu for a second. ;)
Cute lil' thing. Don't let the hawks catch it outside alone.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
605 Posts
I thought it was a pikachu for a second. ;)
Cute lil' thing. Don't let the hawks catch it outside alone.
No joke!! This is our 2nd chihuahua and the first one was hunted by them all the time!! Fortunately where I live, if they started to “swoop” in I could take my 12ga to convince them otherwise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,743 Posts
My wife, her lab “Whiskey” Tango Foxtrot, and my dachshund Grizzly Bear
6E0C3125-5561-4636-8BB9-B6ECEFEEC0DC.jpeg

Edit: you can just make out the missing fabric under Whiskey.

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
278 Posts
I, like a lot of you, am a dog person. I did a search for a thread with everyone's dog brags and the first page was nothing but sad stories about dogs dying after being ejected or jumping out with the top off. I want a happy dog thread so here it is dammit. All dogs are welcome, not just pits.
IMG_20180826_131134538.jpg

This guy here is Dixon. He is a 4 year old Great Dane/Bullmastiff/Staffordshire mix. I will have to put GSXR, my Great Dane/Bull mastiff, and Suki, my staffy, up here later because I don't have pics with me.

·
36,518 Posts
Well... we had one around here somewhere that wasn't all sad and gloomy but I'll be damned if I can find anything around here anymore. If somebody does, we can always have this one merged.

That's one hell of a mix there. Staffordshire and a Great Dane. I don't even wanna imagine that pairing. Somebody had to be uncomfortable there. Good lookin' dog though.

In the meantime... here's my little AmStaff, Banshee.
When we first brought her home...

Back in 2015 we "baby-sat" my cousins, kids pits. One good dog but potentially mean old man (Ace, up front) that had scrapped harder than he ever should have had too and one big, dumb, lover pup (Patron, in back with the lil' lady... where he always wanted to be) that just wanted his "forever" home. I'll save the rest but it didn't go well and had I not given my word to his father, I would have kept them both and told the kid to piss off. In comparison... Banshee weighs in around 55 lbs.

The only recent pics I have of Banshee are her sitting in my Bronco, her favorite place in the world.

Banshee's getting up there in doggy years now and we're seriously considering adding another pit to the pound. I tend to think having a dog you've already trained to help the young pup figure things out tends to go really well... as long as they can get along.
Lil' lady told me the local upholstery gal has a sign up at her place today, advertising pit puppies for $250. She wants to me take Banshee and run by to see if she might find a pup she likes. Of course... I'll be concerned about the breeding but I've stopped by and talked with the gal a few times over the years, had her re-do an ATV seat for us and her older sister is a pretty hard core old biker broad. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Sorry. I ramble a bit. 🙃

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
278 Posts
Ever since I started reading your posts in Morgan Freeman's voice (which has blended into the allstate guy) your rambling posts crack me up. Banshee is adorable with those big ol ears lol.
IMG_20180807_185016689.jpg

This is Suki, with her son Dixon. He was from our first litter.
IMG_20180912_073022681.jpg

The big black guy is Gsxr (jixxer), the Great Dane/bull mastiff. The furry rat hiding behind my wife's leg is our 7# mini schnauzer, Zora. If you want to have a laugh at an "uncomfortable mating" you should see 175# Gsxr try to breed with her. I can call him off of Suki when she is in heat, but there is something about the forbidden fruit or something with Zora that when she goes in heat it's like Gsxr is on crack.
IMG_20180728_145924033.jpg

These 2 are from our second litter. They are 5 months old in this picture. The guy on the left is Alex and the girl on the right is Rosie. Someone stole these 2 from my mom.

·
36,518 Posts
Beautiful dogs man. I hate thieves... for all kinds of reasons but dog-napping is right up there with stealing a man's bike, unforgivable and worthy of having an ass stomped into a mud-hole.

Bansee's "gremlin" ears are pretty funny. Damn thing is... she gets an ear infection nearly every summer with those big bat-ears acting like a catchers mitt. She must have over-heard us talking about puppies yesterday because last night she ripped her front, right dew claw nearly off. The nail is sticking straight out and the claw is probably broke. Happened after midnight, last night so we're off the see the vet in an hour. Won't be taking her to check out pups until she's healed up.

Morgan Freeman and the All-State Guy huh? Better than Jake, from State Farm. ;)

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have had a bike stolen. I wanted to use my cousins as a bait bike in the same location and have some vigilante justice... he wouldn't let me. The worst part of it all, it was January and I was at the bar. It was -4 actual temp and the bastards stole my helmet, gloves, and bibs from the coat storage so I would have to leave it there overnight. They stole it at 4:30 A.M and I got there to pick it up with my truck at 4:45 A.M. Never recovered, Never caught.

·
36,518 Posts
These days... probably safer to be the black Jake. 🙄🤐
That's some downright tricksy bullsh!t man and calling that cold and calculated sounds like an understatement. Thieves and liars... should all phukin' hang! Although... I'm not opposed to the old foreign taking of a hand either.

I'd razz you about being out riding in -4 temps... but that would be hypocritical. Too old for that sh!t anymore but boy o boy, I had me some times out there, slip-slidin' around and stopping for the liquid belly fire to melt the rest of me. Good old days.

Just got back from the vet. Turns out she had nearly torn the claw right down to the quick. They were able to pop it off and clean it up without putting her out, so that was great. 5-10 days recovery. Stupid little brat. I do like our new vet office though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm glad it worked out. We removed the dews on our first litter, not on the second or third. I have heard both ways on them. Gsxr uses his like thumbs when he is chewing on stuff and I didn't want to take that away from the pups.
Funny story with Suki today. I had just got home from work and left the windows down on my FSB. A neighbor friend stopped because she saw the windows down and there was a pop up shower just outside of town. No one that knows us well enough to come to our house knocks or rings a door bell. So she rings the door bell, 3 pushes and sends the dogs into a frenzy. I tell suki to sit, stay, shut up. She does all 3 and lays down. I went out to roll the windows up and load the kids up. I come inside and suki is still laying there. I, not thinking, decide to reward her with a Bronco ride. I no more than say "you wanna" and she was through the door booking ass for the neighbor, her kids and her dog. I yell at her, she dosen't listen, the people FREAK OUT. She never barked, growled, nothing. She went about 10 feet away from them and turned around sat down for a minute like "hey dad, I caught the asshole that rang the doorbell". Then she sprinted back and jumped into the passenger seat and was ready for her ride.
Bike theft was 10 years ago or so now. I don't do the cold rides anymore....much

·
36,518 Posts
found and merged. cool.

·
Super Moderator
25,810 Posts
Our departed Baby Guard, Defender of the Realm and hamburgers, Lady M!

Attachments

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,743 Posts
Wife’s lab/shepherd mix Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
4CB95B9D-3069-4743-903C-3C124E044035.jpeg

My standard dachshund Grizzly Bear
CE5DC1BF-DCF2-48DB-8DF7-3A9C9D4A64A2.jpeg

1381 - 1399 of 1399 Posts