Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

Sorry if I'm not supposed to post multiple threads in a short time, didn't know if it was allowed. But decided to post yet another one to keep topics relevant to their respective thread.

Anyway, in the midst of repairing my rear window switch, I found out that I had a bizarre wiring harness running to this section of the bezel...

I have mechanical transfer case, not an electronic push button one. IIRC, buttons would go here if my situation was the opposite. Yet, behind that section is a harness that connects to it... nothing is visible from the front though, except for the black filler square of the bezel.

Am I missing something here? I never changed the bezel... but a previous owner may have. Or does this go to something else?

P.S.
Sorry for low quality pic, my camera is downed and found a stock image instead. I can get a picture of the harness if need be, but it may take a few days.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
The PO probably swapped the electric transfer case for a manual one

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. That would explain the carpet around my transfer case shift boot looking kinda odd. I'll have to check into that. Wonder why they would've reattached the harness to the bezel itself, seeing as how I don't have buttons there, but... thank you for the reply, JScatt!

·
Registered
9,834 Posts
All the Broncos got that connector/harness. Mine is a factory manual shift and it has that harness as well. The blank will have a place for it to plug into, just so it doesn't flop around.

Audrey
1994 Ford Bronco XLT
5.8L 351ci Windsor
Modifications Soon To Come...
Who's Audrey? You or the Bronco?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the Broncos got that connector/harness. Mine is a factory manual shift and it has that harness as well. The blank will have a place for it to plug into, just so it doesn't flop around.

Who's Audrey? You or the Bronco?
Oh, I suppose that makes perfect sense. Seeing as how during assembly the vehicle could be outfitted with differing options, and the main wiring harness was probably a universal one to save on production costs. Thank you man, I think that is the answer right there!

Yeah, my Bronco is Audrey. I have an odd habit of naming my vehicles, and that name sounded appropriate for her. :)

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
You could check behind the passenger kick panel for the shift module, that would tell you if the T case has been swapped .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts

Hmm.....I was not aware of that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts