Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo,
Took Much Better 1/2 into town for food shopping and was hoping no idiot would bang into or key my newly painted 1/4 patch panel areas.
All went well, but on way back ran into a deep pothole about 10' from Stop Sign; was braking @ 5 MPH when right front tire took a nose dive; then the Bronco pulled hard right when braking.

So... a Ford re-man gearbox will need to be ordered soon, but since my body isn't with the program now, it will be time for someone like local dealer or shop to install.

But I can still think! sometimes

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
You broke the steering box?? Drop a bill for the total cost on the city/county/state. It is their fault. Take a picture too with street signs and date. Potholes...and it isn't even winter yet. Sheeeeeez!!!

·
Super Moderator
26,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yo, Thanks Gary;
I did tell the city and they filled in the hole a day later; but did have a bs session w/city clerk, she claimed it is a county road, county said no way; clerk got po'ed..after contacting Road Crew Super; clerk called back and admitted it is a city road.
We have the claim forms, but will wait until I can get cash for the box; tried to set it per Ford manual, but it needs to be replaced.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,330 Posts
hell yea. tough break, but new parts = longer life! :rockon

getting it paid for by the man = priceless :toothless

·
Super Moderator
26,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yo,

yeah, this man happens to be infested w/home grown, inbred type of jo's; just like the insurance companies when filing a claim.. denial..bs.. atcha throat 'tudes and those stink-eyed looks.

Think I'l have the dealer do it since they will take pics of my gear box and tear-it down for me before sending it off to the re-builders or yard. btw, dealer price so far w/core is only $244.77; cheaper than many on-line stores w/no hassle over shipping core back. AMAZON price is $282.96 - others are similar

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Whatever you do Miesk DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! Get pictures and statements especially from the clerk and the road crew. Then when it comes down to it and you have to get a lawyer you will be covered and the city will have to pay your lawyer too.:goodfinge

·
4:20 Enthusiast!
3,277 Posts
Good Luck miesk!

I have to go after the township here to get some money for a new front end and new aluminum rims on my van.The roads here are terrible.We have had a lot of lousy weather and the town cannot keep up with it.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Really your making them fix your truck because you ran into a pot hole?

Good luck with that

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Really your making them fix your truck because you ran into a pot hole?

Good luck with that
DAMN RIGHT!!! I'd do the same thing. First of all that friggin pothole should not have been there. These cities/twps/counties can always find the money to send their "shooters" on fact finding tours or junkets to bring business to town but when it comes to infrastructure.....wellllll that's a different story. I don't know how it is in Alaska but I'm from Michigan and that is the worst state I have ever been in for potholes...or as we called them chuckholes.:banghead

So hell yeah sue the snit out them!:twak

·
Super Moderator
26,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The town hasn't done any repairs to this road in past 3 years because it claimed, until we wrote and spoke w/County officials that it was a county road section.
Town claimed that this 1/8th mile stretch was county, although the entire road from one 4 lane highway to another of over 5 miles is all town owned.

I'd let it go, but like I mentioned, the pothole was deep enough by then to be 14 inches deep.. prob would be described moreso as a Hole rather than a pothole and if a child walking to or from school (no sidewalks here in da Pines) or bicylist, or jogger came into contact with this, they would suffer quite an injury.

AND the 'tude of the Clerk and others in the town got under my skin; mainly because they would rather text their friends or play on Facebook rather than answer phones or come to the window while others, including me wait for them.

·
Registered
539 Posts
This cracks me up. YOU couldn't avoid the pot hole and its the city's fault???

How many pot holes could be filled with the money YOU think should be given to YOU because of YOUR lack of driving skills.

I must have missed the part in the Bill of Rights where every American is entitled to a perfect blemish free roadway.

Man up. Pay for your own mistake. It's not the tax payers fault you can't drive.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts

How many pot holes could be filled with the money YOU think should be given to YOU because of YOUR lack of driving skills.

I must have missed the part in the Bill of Rights where every American is entitled to a perfect blemish free roadway.

Man up. Pay for your own mistake. It's not the tax payers fault you can't drive.
the town gets taxpayers money to pay for road maintenance. the town should keep the roads in an operable condition. this one obviously isn't. lack of driving skills or not, there shouldn't have been a hole FOURTEEN INCHES DEEP in the ****ing road.

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
We pay taxes to maintain these roads, they take plenty!

Hell yes you get them to pay for it, it is BS that the city won't fix it cuz "it is a county road" BS

·
Super Moderator
26,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

yo,
re; "into a deep pothole about 10' from Stop Sign; was braking @ 5 MPH when right front tire took a nose dive"

forgot to mention there was a car in front of me. it just missed the hole w/ it's rear right;
but I couldn't see the hole because I was watching him.

I can drive. I do pay the taxes.
I did notify the town'sw Clerk, Road Dept Supervisor, 2 Councelpersons and Mayore, but all went into denial over road ownership. So nothing was being done about the hole until...
Now, I'll file a claim.

·
Super Moderator
26,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yo,
btw, If that hole was at foot of my driveway; those same officials would fine me; daily, until it was repaired.
No grace period, no other warning; just a letter with the fine and court date. That is how these people govern.

·
Super Moderator
26,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

yo,
btw, That is a lot of "YOU" and "Your" in there pal.
I can drive; only accidents that I have been in were caused by drunk or drugged drivers; one of wehom later died in another DUI accident he caused.

Now, YOU take time to read what I have written, I decided to file a CLAIM because of what I WROTE here before you scribbled out the "YOU" statements.
"...denial..bs.. atcha throat 'tudes and those stink-eyed looks..."
"...I'd let it go, but like I mentioned, the pothole was deep enough by then to be 14 inches deep.. prob would be described moreso as a Hole rather than a pothole and if a child walking to or from school (no sidewalks here in da Pines) or bicylist, or jogger came into contact with this, they would suffer quite an injury."

So I will file it and it will BE NOTED in the town's records officially; and come election time next month.....

·
Registered
158 Posts

So it's ok for there to be 14" potholes in the road?

What about the next time someone forgets to replace a manhole cover and you loose an axle because you didn't see it? Is that your fault?

How about a 40 ton beam falling off an overpass on an interstate and killing an entire family because some dumb broad at the DOT didn't understand directions and didn't think to clarify. Is that the family's fault cause they didn't anticipate something that's SUPPOSED to be maintained by OUR public services was falling apart?

I suggest you go serve in the military, preferably in a line company in an active combat zone, and if you survive, come back and re-evaluate what you said.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
If he was driving 5 MPH and so close to the car in front of him that he couldn't see the pot hole. Then it is his fault, he shouldn't have been following so close the the car in front of him.

You need to man up and take responsibility for your actions. You hit a big pot hole, call it in let them know about it. Then go fix your truck. They where not driving so close to the car in front of them that they couldn't see a road hazard, you where.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts