Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed a roller motor swap with all the goodies and a blower. I have not even tried to hook-up the Cruise Control. I figure it won't work because of all the changes. I lost Cruise with my 84 and then my 90 after beefing the engine. The Cruise Control would not hold a speed for long at all. If I remember right the older set-up used/relied upon engine vacuum. The power adders changed vacuum and thus screwed-up the cruise control. This one is all electronic. I am wondering if this 93 has a better set-up that will work? I also wonder if I can tune/Tweecer something to make it work better with the new found power?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just completed a roller motor swap with all the goodies and a blower. I have not even tried to hook-up the Cruise Control. I figure it won't work because of all the changes. I lost Cruise with my 84 and then my 90 after beefing the engine. The Cruise Control would not hold a speed for long at all. If I remember right the older set-up used/relied upon engine vacuum. The power adders changed vacuum and thus screwed-up the cruise control. This one is all electronic. I am wondering if this 93 has a better set-up that will work? I also wonder if I can tune/Tweecer something to make it work better with the new found power?
I have a kenne bell blower on my truck and cruise works just fine. If anything the extra power helps it not downshift as much.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

This means I will have to refab my throttle cable mount which is now also a cruise control cable mount.

I didn't work with the old 84 or my 90 as the power adders changed the vacuum. There are no vacuum lines, see Steve's post. The 94 and up is controlled by a servo.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Yes, the '94-04 cruise servo is all-electronic, and will cope with whatever engine you hook it to. There are some VERY minor tweaks that Ford built into certain modules for vehicle weight & engine torque, but I've used the wrong tune on several vehicles, and I've never noticed anything wrong with the cruise's performance.

That servo is a VAST improvement over the older system, and has a unique feature that surprisingly few people are aware of: the ACC & DEC buttons produce exactly 1MPH increments when tapped. No other manufacturer offers that function - only Ford/L/M/etc. So if you're going 45, and you enter a 60MPH zone, you can tap ACC 15x, and you'll gradually accelerate to 60 and level off. With all others, you have to hold ACC down and guess when you're close to your target speed, or use the pedal to reach the target & then reset the cruise.
just make sure you have the recall work done to it(just an inline fuse)
http://trucks.about.com/od/carsafety/a/ford_cruise.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts