Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Bronco XLT, 5.8, Auto Everything.
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked at the fuse box documentation, and I don't find anything that sounds like it might feed these circuits...

Under my Driver's and Passenger's seat, there is a 2-wire connector. The original seats had power lumbar, so this must have powered them.

Apparently, though, the Bronco had an option for a full-power seat, with power lift/tilt/etc...

I'm thinking, it's likely this circuit is, then, strong enough to power that full-power seat and not just a lumbar air pump.

So, anyone know the capacity of this circuit? I'm hoping it's enough to power a seat-heater...

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, built 357W, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
4,764 Posts
I installed a set of front buckets from a 2008 F-250 supercab in my wife’s bronco, and the drivers seat is full 6-way power. I used the power lumbar pigtail to power this feature. I don’t think I would trust it to run a seat heater though. If it were me, I’d run a dedicated fused circuit for that - determine wire gauge based on amp draw of the heater.

·
Super Moderator
28,258 Posts
Yo,
C305 Under LH side of LH front seat, to left power lumbar switch (F8) Terminal: 02 Color: GY
C306 Under RH side of RH front seat, to right power lumbar switch (D1) Terminal: 02 Color: GY

C312 Under front of LH seat, on left power lumbar compressor motor (F6) Terminal: 02 Color: BK
C313 Below LH front seat (C9) Terminal: 02 Color: GY

C314 Below RH front seat (A3) Terminal: 02 Color: GY

C317 Under front of RH front seat, on right power lumbar compressor motor (F3) Terminal: 02 Color: BK

C302 Below RH side of LH front seat, to seat belt switch (A3) Terminal: 02 Color: GY

C313 Below LH front seat (C9) Terminal: 02 Color: GY

C314 Below RH front seat (A3) Terminal: 02 Color: GY

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree with @MS88Bronc, I would not trust it to run a heater. From an electrical standpoint, the seat motors may draw more current, but it would be for a very short period of time, not allowing the wires to get hot. Also, only one if the motors would be typically be drawing current at a time, hence the smaller wires providing power to multiple functions.

A seat heater would draw current continously, allowing much more heat to build up in the wires. You could check the current draw on the heater to be sure, but I suspect it would overload the wires, the instant that you tried to use one of the other functions.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1994 351w xl. 3.55 gears, e40d, 33" tires, mostly stock everything else
12 Posts
Yo Big,
(....)
So if I'm reading this right, the seat motors are fused at 50a out of the power distribution box. Assuming my truck is not wired for a power seat, and I'm pulling a wire from that position into the seat, I'll just size the wire appropriately and slave the seat heater off the same circuit.

·
Registered
1996 Bronco XLT, 5.8, Auto Everything.
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
50A in the circuit to power the motorized chairs. 25 in the lumbar-only chairs.

Once I'm running wire, I may as well do it right. I was hoping to tap off on the existing wire under the chairs.

·
Registered
1994 351w xl. 3.55 gears, e40d, 33" tires, mostly stock everything else
12 Posts
50A in the circuit to power the motorized chairs. 25 in the lumbar-only chairs.

Once I'm running wire, I may as well do it right. I was hoping to tap off on the existing wire under the chairs.
My 94xl only has the seat belt warning wiring, there's absolutely nothing else there. Pulling a #10 and slapping it on a 50, then adding my 7.5a fused heater to the harness in the seat shouldn't hurt anything

·
Super Moderator
28,258 Posts
So if I'm reading this right, the seat motors are fused at 50a out of the power distribution box. Assuming my truck is not wired for a power seat, and I'm pulling a wire from that position into the seat, I'll just size the wire appropriately and slave the seat heater off the same circuit.
Yo,
In the 1996 Bronco/F Series Workshop Manual, partial @ http://www.diesel-dave.com/vehic/manual/stj/stj1a001.htm#extract_178
"Circuit Protection
The power seat circuit is protected by a high current fuse located in the power distribution box"

However;
In this 96 EVTM, provided by member Roadkill;

Fuse 6 is shown as just 10 amps and is just for Trailer RH STOP Turn Lamp.
》Look at your 96 Power Distribution Box Legend.

NO SEAT MOTOR is cited in this 96 Bronco Fuse Panel;
Diagram
;

1 - 11 of 11 Posts