Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, after coming home from work, I have been noticing that I will have power loss, almost similar to a bad misfire I used to experience when my camaro would burn up wires. I don't experience it until I have stopped at the off ramp on my final leg home. I am concerned that it may be overheating, but with my temp gauge not working, it's a bit harder to confirm until it actually happens. The reason I am concerned about the overheating is because I noticed steam coming from around the center of the block, near the distributor, when I popped the hood after this trip. It wasn't a large amount by any means, but it is now a concern. Typically, I am only traveling around 60 on the interstate anyway because I don't trust that it can handle the stress of high rpms until I really get some work done to it. I just bought this recently and have only been able to replace braking system components and the rear end so far. Any suggestions on how and what I should check with the cooling system to see if this is the issue? I'm not exactly a mechanic here...and I don't want to allow a problem to continue that could cost more money if I let it go unfixed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts