Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have tried looking through the posts and im not finding what im lookin for.. My 89 302 EFI is lacking power after it warms up.. I have all new plugs wires cap rotor and fuel filter.. Any ideas on sensors that i can change or something?

·
Registered
162 Posts
loss of power can be many things like a engine missfire which could take all day to explain, poss broken or clogged converters, fuel pump, also ignition timing, even leaking intake gaskets. if youre not familiar with diagnosing these potential problems then a competent shop is recommended. otherwise youll wind up draining your bank account trying to figure it out by throwing parts at it.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
x3.

No point in guessing on anything else until then.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
You didn't mention changing the air filter.
Check that.
When the engine is cold, it is ok to run rich, but after it warms up, you could lose power.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Your air filter would have to be so incredibly plugged up for it to really affect it.

Besides, the EEC richens the mixture when you go wide open throttle anyway for more power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K well i just failed PA emissions because i am 100 points over on the NOx so i am replaceing my egr valve if it passes great if not i get a waiver sticker.. will changing the egr have any impact?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Not if there's a fault with the system controlling it. That's why we asked you to pull codes.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
K well i just failed PA emissions because i am 100 points over on the NOx so i am replaceing my egr valve if it passes great if not i get a waiver sticker.. will changing the egr have any impact?
Did you even do ANYTHING?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea the report said i was about 100 points too high on my NOx and all of the associated sensors are fairly new and if they go the check engine light will go on. The mechanic told me it was more than most likely the egr and as i stated before if i do it and that isnt the problem i get a waiver sticker.. The other thing could be the cat. If thats the case i plan on re-doing the exhaust anyway so in the process of things that i want to beef up alot of the things that are possibly causing this will be replaced anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts