Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to do something about my power steering pump. it's leaky

i want to do the sag swap and have spend hours combing through search results only to remain confused..

i read that on some of them the hi-pressure line on the bronco fits the van pump and that on other it doesn't. what years is this true? if at all?

if it's not, what are the steps into adapting the hi pressure hose? i don't understand what people mean when they say use the van hose..does that even fit on a bronco?

i think i can handle the rest of the bracketry and whatnot, i'm just confused about the hi pressure hose

·
Registered
820 Posts
you need the van a/c and power steering pump bracket, get the van high pressure hose, i think when people said the bronco hose fit they meant 78-79

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the van hose zig zags on the engine xmember just like the stock one? and it also hooks up to the gear box?

·
Registered
163 Posts
You don't want the hose that zig zags on the xmember. That's the low pressure return hose. You need the high pressure hose that's real short and goes directly from the pump to the steering box.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't want the hose that zig zags on the xmember. That's the low pressure return hose. You need the high pressure hose that's real short and goes directly from the pump to the steering box.
ohhhh! that makes a lot more sense...

so does the short hi pressure hose just screw right into the gear box?

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
I just replaced my sag pump on my 96. Used a V8 Van bracket and pulley. Sag pump for a 96 E150 along with the same year/model high pressure hose. Your current low pressure line will work just fine. On the high pressure line, you'll have to bend the part closest to the gearbox in order to thread it into the gearbox.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts