Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's an example of what I started with. Mine had about a half inch of grease and other shit on it though.

I sent it off to Leepowersteering.com a few days ago, and here's what I got back.

As you can see they added the extra return line, and the port at the top for the remote reservoir. They also increased the flow/volume by about 1.5x over whatever the stock pump was doing....Whatever that crap means.

Basically I told them what I wanted to do(Hydroboost & hydro assist steering), and they had me give them info on tire size that I was gonna end up running, and all the info for the hydro assist(Ram diameter/stroke/etc), and I guess they have some magic formula to determine what I need:scratchhe

Whatever...I dont care much, as long as it works, and works well.

I also opted for the full rebuild of all the internals. They called me b4 they did anything, and let me know that once they pulled it apart, that everything was good to go, and it wasnt necessary, but I decided to spend the money anyways. This isnt something I want going out on me 10000 miles down the road, b/c I didnt want to spend a few extra bucks.:twak

I got the braket all cleaned up, and painted.

It's just about ready to go in. I still need to take some measurements, and head over to the local hydro shop so they can make me up a pressure line.

Oh yeah!

My chro-mo 35 spl outers showed up today too.
:chili: :chili: :chili:

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
Looks good...do the same and tell the guys that are making the lines for ya...they will be able to tell you what pressures the hoses can stand up to...also:twak you going to tell us what it cost???

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
badass1tonf100 said:
whats that pump off of ? never seen one with a nipple on top for a remote reservoir.

I had them weld that nipple on the top, and the extra nipple for the return line.

Actually, Chev van pumps had a nipple on top.

I think that one is from an 85 g10 with a 305. They also have one that's set up for hydroboost(2 return lines), and I was thinking of just swapping the pump into a chev reservoir, but I wasnt for sure that'd they'd fit...Plus I needed the other stuff done to my existing pump.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
lots of newer sag pumps for chevy have dual lines ( they have hydro boost) There are lots of pics on my SF site IIRC. They dont have the nipple on top which is cool, but you can extend the neck with some 1.5 ID hose.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts

go onto napaonline.com or kragen or somthing. pull up various late model chevy vans and trucks. There is a wide assortment of sag pumps with various can styles, with two nipples point in various directions/styles

·
Registered
81 Posts
I read that thread last night. As usual I am probably overthinking/overkilling the process. I may not even need to use a remote res. I will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I read that thread last night. As usual I am probably overthinking/overkilling the process. I may not even need to use a remote res. I will have to wait and see.
The only reason I opted to have the nipple welded on top for the remote reservoir, is b/c I was copying somebody else's setup...I didnt/dont know any better, and I just figured that it was working for Raf, it'll probably work for me.
Dont take what I'm doing as THE WAY to do them. 9 times outta 10 I'm copying someone else.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10413

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
by using an extended neck on a regular sag by using 1.5" id tubing, you can add about 1/2 quart. I just recently did this, and the ONLY reason I did, is because when I get off camber, brake and steer all at the same time, the ps pump whines a little bit. I figured adding 1/2 quart would more than fix the problem.

derricks mod is a nice one, but not a cheap alternative.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts