Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a power steering pump but don't know the year or what it came out of. I have not seen any like this one in any pics when I did a search, it looks like a Saginaw pump but seems to have 2 low pres. returns. I don't know how to post the pics:banghead , if anyone can help that would be great..

Thanks for any help.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
There are lots of sag pumps with 2 return lines. If it looks like a ham can, its most likely a saginaw.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
That looks like a sag pump for a GM truck/car with a hydroboost hydraulic brake booster,it had a return line for the ps box and one for the booster.The pump it self is the same as the ps box only pump.You will also notice that it has a larger reservoir than the standard pump assembly.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking that it hydro assist but good to hear someone else say that. I got a 460 probibly 5 or 6 years back, and I don't know if it came with the engine maybe big pass car or van from 70's with hydo-assist brakes. I was trying to find alittle info incase it's bad I have a year or model to start with.

Thanks bronco1..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to to do hydro-boost brake and hydro-assist steering. Which style would be better to use in this application, the single return or dual return?

Jason

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
You would probably be better off with a dual return line pump and reservoir.I think it would handle the increased flow from the 2 booster systems better.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now next question is that I do not know if it works or not, as I just found it in my garage and I am guessing that I have had it for at least 5 years. Is there a goood way to rebuild it without completely deforming the reservoir, my buddy said it was a PITA to get the res. pressed back on the pump( he bent his res. up trying to get it back on.

Thanks again Bronco1.

Jason

Just found and read this.
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19310&highlight=saginaw+rebuild

1 - 13 of 13 Posts