Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
search on here for "saginaw swap". it is the be all and end all fix of whiny Ford pumps.

I run straight Lucas power steering conditioner instead of ps fluid and it has worked great for me. Search "Lucas" and you will find what others think of that product.

Good luck and welcome to FSB :thumbup

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Yeah the saginaw from C/S/K part number 20-6644 is a direct bolt in as long as you change the pressure hose too and its silent. It also makes it a lot easier to steer. Definitely one of the best mods I've done to my f150.

·
RBV Abuser, F/S user
747 Posts
Turn up the radio? Mud tires? Louder exhaust? All 3? Works on my 89, even at idle... 800 Watt stereo, Magnaflow 3" I/O 3" tail pipe = Can't hear SH*T! :thumbup

·
Registered
796 Posts
If I recall, my factory service manual has a procedure for putting vacuum to the reservoir while running and turning the wheels back and forth (off the ground!) to clear air bubbles that may cause the typical Ford whine. I've been meaning to do this as soon as I can find a rubber cork big enough to fit and hook my vacuum pump to.

Out here Schuck's has become O'Reilly

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
A small auxillary transmission cooler used as a power steering cooler works good, Thats what I did. The stock steel tubing used as a cooler sucks-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts